Help: Force User to Enter Date in Required Format
Author Message
 Help: Force User to Enter Date in Required Format

Is there a command or how do I implement a mask to force the user to input a
date of the form

dd/mm/yyyy

my database stores dates in this fashion and so to in order to compare user
entered dates with the d/b dates the input must be in exactly this form.

cheers,
dave.

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 04:36:37 GMT
 Help: Force User to Enter Date in Required Format

Quote:
> Is there a command or how do I implement a mask to force the user to input
> date of the form

> dd/mm/yyyy

> my database stores dates in this fashion and so to in order to compare
user
> entered dates with the d/b dates the input must be in exactly this form.

> cheers,
> dave.

Dave, take a look at the maskedit control, personally I find it a
pain in the arse. I just let the user enter their own format of
date, use the isdate(field) to check if the date is valid and use
format to put the date in the DB format.

Mikey :o)

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:01:09 GMT
 Help: Force User to Enter Date in Required Format

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help: Force User to Enter Date in Required Format
Use the DTPicker control in the MSCOMCT2.OCX file

Quote:
> Is there a command or how do I implement a mask to force the user to input
> date of the form

> dd/mm/yyyy

> my database stores dates in this fashion and so to in order to compare
user
> entered dates with the d/b dates the input must be in exactly this form.

> cheers,
> dave.

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 03:14:13 GMT

1. How Do I Force User to Enter Date in Required Format?

2. HOWTO FORCE USERS TO ENTER THE WEBSITE FROM THE MAIN PAGE ONLY

3. Require user to enter value into 1 of X fields

4. problem with Format and a user defined date format

5. Force change in system date format using VBA

6. VB4 - Forcing Date Format

7. forcing british date format

8. Force Users to save in Visio 5.0 format without dialog boxes

9. Help - FORCE TIME FORMAT TO BE 24 HOUR ??

10. Date format in a user form

11. Check user entry of the correct date format

12. Help-Forcing Users To Close Access Until Repair/Compact Completed