Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT
Author Message
 Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT

I'm unable to install a simple Visual Basic 6.0 database application
(uses DAO with ODBCDirect) on a Windows NT Workstation platform that I
packaged on a Windows 2000 Server platform (don't have the details yet
from my customer, but the setup program is looking for components that
are apparently not in the .CAB file, etc.).  I've never developed an
app on one platform for installation on another.  I don't know what my
concerns, if any, should be with this scenario.  Does anyone know of a
good information source regarding cross-platform deployment (or is it
even an issue).  Thanks for you help.

Ray Freeman

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:27:52 GMT
 Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT
Don't crosspost so much, annoying!

If you want to know which versions of DLLs/OCXs are distributed with which
OSes, look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp

cy

JD

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:01:12 GMT
 Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT

Hi,

Did you install SP4 for Visual Studio BEFORE packaging the app ??
If not then this is your problem.

Bye
Peter

Quote:
> I'm unable to install a simple Visual Basic 6.0 database application
> (uses DAO with ODBCDirect) on a Windows NT Workstation platform that I
> packaged on a Windows 2000 Server platform (don't have the details yet
> from my customer, but the setup program is looking for components that
> are apparently not in the .CAB file, etc.).  I've never developed an
> app on one platform for installation on another.  I don't know what my
> concerns, if any, should be with this scenario.  Does anyone know of a
> good information source regarding cross-platform deployment (or is it
> even an issue).  Thanks for you help.

> Ray Freeman

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:36:33 GMT

1. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

2. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

3. Windows 2000 and windows NT in one machine

4. installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

5. writing vbscript to know the OS of a remote PC ( is WIndows NT or WIndows 2000)

6. rds windows nt vs windows 2000 server

7. Problem With VB6 App With Access 97 Backend Running On Windows 2000 Pro

8. Problem With VB6 App With Access 97 Backend Running On Windows 2000 Pro

9. Word 2000 from within VB: Windows 2000: error, Windows ME: ok

10. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

11. How to detect 16-bit Windows-based application running under Windows NT

12. Word 2000 will not run in Windows 2000