RegSvr32 error code
Author Message
 RegSvr32 error code

Hello,

Could you tell me where can i find the explication of the error code return
by regsvr32 when i try to register an ocx.

Thanks

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegSvr32 error code
Gislain,

We make a free tool called RegDrop that explains the error codes in text
form as well as gives the numeric error code. You can download it free at:
http://www.addisonsw.com We also make another free tool that will convert
any known error code to a text string. You can download it at
http://www.addisonsw.com/e_thingy.html

Kyle

Quote:
>Hello,

>Could you tell me where can i find the explication of the error code return
>by regsvr32 when i try to register an ocx.

>Thanks

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegSvr32 error code
Good luck.

If you've got VC++ you can use the error lookup tool. If you've just got
msdn try searching for just the number (brute force but you'd be surprised
sometimes).

Usually regsvr32 problems come down to missing/unregistered COM
objects/controls. Sometimes DLL's.

It can also be the version of regsvr32! I had an ATL DLL that would fail
registration each and everytime until I used a newer version of regsvr. I
don't happen to have the version numbers on hand but the problem one was
about 16K, the good one about 30K.

There just isn't any "magic" bullet for failed registration.

Rob MacFadyen

Quote:
>Hello,

>Could you tell me where can i find the explication of the error code return
>by regsvr32 when i try to register an ocx.

>Thanks

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Regsvr32.exe functionality in VB5 code?

2. ERROR Code 0x80004005 : ERROR Code 0xfee670 : ERROR 1157

3. Proper use of regsvr32 (error 31037)

4. Help!Regsvr32 Error...

5. regsvr32 error

6. regsvr32 returns error

7. regsvr32 msinet.ocx error message

8. regsvr32 error 0x00000001f ???

9. regsvr32.exe ERROR, Please help!

10. Error RegSvr32

11. regsvr32.exe ERROR, Please help!

12. Regsvr32 Error - DLLServerRegister Fail