Email Component on Server
Author Message
 Email Component on Server

I am trying to figure out what the best way is to handle sending email from
an application server.

Setup:
    Firewall Computer
    IIS & MTS Computer
    Exchange Server Computer
    SQL Server7 Computer

I would like to send emails out programmatically from within MTS.  I need
the email to show a from our URL.  Basically I am looking for a Component
that I can call with an email address, subject, message to go out.  I am not
sure how to setup the IIS - MTS computer to use the SMTP of the Exchange
Server or if that is even necessary.  I see a SMTP service in IIS but am not
sure of the configuration to route the email out.  I can send and receive
emails fine through Exchange.

Any help in what direction I should go or if there is an existing component
out there I could use.

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Email Component on Server
Greg

Have a look at the CDONTS component (CreateObject ("CDONTS.Newmail")).  It
makes it incredibly easy to send e-mail via the SMTP service on the IIS
server.

Quote:
> I am trying to figure out what the best way is to handle sending email
from
> an application server.

> Setup:
>     Firewall Computer
>     IIS & MTS Computer
>     Exchange Server Computer
>     SQL Server7 Computer

> I would like to send emails out programmatically from within MTS.  I need
> the email to show a from our URL.  Basically I am looking for a Component
> that I can call with an email address, subject, message to go out.  I am
not
> sure how to setup the IIS - MTS computer to use the SMTP of the Exchange
> Server or if that is even necessary.  I see a SMTP service in IIS but am
not
> sure of the configuration to route the email out.  I can send and receive
> emails fine through Exchange.

> Any help in what direction I should go or if there is an existing
component
> out there I could use.

> Thanks in advance.

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem emailing from VB/Access when notes is email server

2. Running Crystal Report Web Component Server and SQL Server on different machines

3. Web Component Server and SQL Server Problem

4. Email Component/Engine For Visual Basic 6.0

5. Email/Fax Component?

6. EMail problem in ActiveX Component

7. ASP Email component

8. Need an Email verifying component

9. one line code email component

10. Free Email Component

11. Email component for Vb 6

12. Is there a FREE email component? (Learning Edition)