ActiveX server with Global Object
Author Message
 ActiveX server with Global Object

Try to set "Instancing" property of ClockClas to "2 - PublicNotCreatable",
but you still will have a troubles, when a client runs on another PC (at
least I have)

All the best,
    Eugene

Quote:
> I'm trying to create an ActiveX server which would use a "Global Object".
> Such that clients could get a reference to the global object and any
events
> from the global object each client would recieve.

> The application is to monitor changes in an Oracle table driven by Oracle
> triggers.

> The problem is that the server seems to create multiple occurences of the
> "global Object" when the code looks like it should only create a single
> occurence.  The symptoms which show this are the events recieved by
multiple
> clients are dissimilar.

> I have created a small demonstration project which shows this behavior.
The
> odd thing is if you run the Demo server in the developement environment
then
> all works as it should.  Events are recieved by all clients at the same
> time....

> If you compile the server and let the clients launch it as needed the
events
> are not recieved by multiple clients.

> The two project files include here are "DemoTime.vbp" which it the server
> and the event passed shows the creation time or the updated time of the
> "Global Object" instanciated from the "ClockClass".  The "EventClass" is
has
> its instancing set to multiuse so as to give each client access to the
> ClockClass object.

> The DemoClient is a single form where a label shows the current timestamp
of
> the Global object, a text object where you can type a time into and click
> the button to set the timestamp of the global object.

> If you run multiple instances of the DemoClient the label should always be
> updated to the same time in each client window.

> This appears to be a bug in the compiler to me but could be a lack of
> understanding in running out of process servers.
> Please comment on how to make this work correctly if we can!!!!!

> Thanks Much in advance
> John Fors
> Email remove the NOSPAM from the address.

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:24:37 GMT

1. ActiveX server with Global Object

2. Global Modules-startup-429,activeX component can't create object

3. Global objects in ActiveX code components -- Important ???'s

4. Referencing global ActiveX object in other pages

5. Global ActiveX Object

6. Global Objects in ActiveX EXE

7. Global ActiveX Object Accessible from anywhere?

8. Global objects in ActiveX code components -- Important ???'s

9. Global Variables / Global Objects

10. Access Forms collection, App object or Global object of the Parent application

11. Passing a MSHFlexgrid-Object to an ActiveX-Server

12. Client Server problem - ActiveX Can't create object