A MTS componant client
Author Message
 A MTS componant client

How can I access my componant on MTS.. I have been trying for a while now to
no avail.  There must be something simple I am missing.  Here is what I am
doing and hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Load my DLL in VB.. All classes are multiuse.

Compile it with Remote Server Files checked off.

Move these files on to my NT server 4 box.

Create a new package on MTS and load my DLL componant.

Export the package.

From my client machine I run the executable created by the export.

I can now reference my ActiveX DLL as it shows up in the references dialog.

When I try and do anything like set the componant as a new componant in VB
code. for example

Dim x as componant.MyComponant
Set x = new componant.myComponant

I get "Automation Error"

Why?

Ive done this before and everything worked fine.  I have even made small
little test componants and the result is always the same.

Is there anyone out there that can help me please?

Kip,

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:27:14 GMT
 A MTS componant client
Kip
Instead of "Set x = new componant.myComponant"
try
"Set x = CreateObject("componant.myComponant")"

Using new forces components to run without MTS context

--
Regards
Mike MCP

Quote:
> How can I access my componant on MTS.. I have been trying for a while now
> no avail.  There must be something simple I am missing.  Here is what I am
> doing and hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

> Load my DLL in VB.. All classes are multiuse.

> Compile it with Remote Server Files checked off.

> Move these files on to my NT server 4 box.

> Create a new package on MTS and load my DLL componant.

> Export the package.

> From my client machine I run the executable created by the export.

> I can now reference my ActiveX DLL as it shows up in the references
dialog.

> When I try and do anything like set the componant as a new componant in VB
> code. for example

> Dim x as componant.MyComponant
> Set x = new componant.myComponant

> I get "Automation Error"

> Why?

> Ive done this before and everything worked fine.  I have even made small
> little test componants and the result is always the same.

> Is there anyone out there that can help me please?

> Kip,

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:42:00 GMT
 A MTS componant client
Thanks Mike for the reply.....

I tried CreateObject as well but the outcome was the same.....  What do you
mean it runs w/o MTS context.. Isn't CreateObject just latebinding?

BTW.... I knew everything I set up was fine, what I did yesterday was get
another installation of NT server 4 and loaded MTS on it.. Tried the same
procedure once and it worked like a million dollars.. here must be something
terribly wrong with the server I was using.........

Quote:
> Kip
> Instead of "Set x = new componant.myComponant"
> try
> "Set x = CreateObject("componant.myComponant")"

> Using new forces components to run without MTS context

> --
> Regards
> Mike MCP

> > How can I access my componant on MTS.. I have been trying for a while
now
> > no avail.  There must be something simple I am missing.  Here is what I
am
> > doing and hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

> > Load my DLL in VB.. All classes are multiuse.

> > Compile it with Remote Server Files checked off.

> > Move these files on to my NT server 4 box.

> > Create a new package on MTS and load my DLL componant.

> > Export the package.

> > From my client machine I run the executable created by the export.

> > I can now reference my ActiveX DLL as it shows up in the references
> dialog.

> > When I try and do anything like set the componant as a new componant in
VB
> > code. for example

> > Dim x as componant.MyComponant
> > Set x = new componant.myComponant

> > I get "Automation Error"

> > Why?

> > Ive done this before and everything worked fine.  I have even made small
> > little test componants and the result is always the same.

> > Is there anyone out there that can help me please?

> > Kip,

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:11:49 GMT

1. A MTS componant client

2. Using New to create instances of a class in MTS componant

3. Upgrade a componant on MTS?

4. Comments on my MTS componant

5. Poor performance of MTS Componant

6. Permission Denied MTS Componant

7. Compiling VB (w/ MTS componant) and running it on another machine

8. Permission Denied MTS Componant

9. Using New to create instances of a class in MTS componant

10. Upgrade a componant on MTS?

11. Comments on my MTS componant

12. Poor performance of MTS Componant