Cant compile - CHR$ and ERROR$ FAILING!
Author Message
 Cant compile - CHR$ and ERROR$ FAILING!

IT tells me that "Compile Error: Can't find project or Library"
on a "Chr$" in my code on a run or compile.  This also includes other
standard functions such as Error$, Mid$, Space, and others...hmmm...I cant
even go to the debug window and type "print chr$(71)" without getting the
error.  All of the standard VP includes are referenced.  I'm stuck.

Please Help....and many thanks for quick responses...I would like to create
an install for a demo...but no compile.  bad. help.  thanx.

!!geo

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Cant compile - CHR$ and ERROR$ FAILING!

Hi George.

Check you References to see if something is missing. I had the same problem
with an OCX missing. I removed the refrerence and it worked fine

With regards...
-- Kim Simonsen

-- http://w1.2778.telia.com/~u277800155/
-- ICQ UIN: 1396049

Quote:
>IT tells me that "Compile Error: Can't find project or Library"
>on a "Chr$" in my code on a run or compile.  This also includes other
>standard functions such as Error$, Mid$, Space, and others...hmmm...I cant
>even go to the debug window and type "print chr$(71)" without getting the
>error.  All of the standard VP includes are referenced.  I'm stuck.

>Please Help....and many thanks for quick responses...I would like to create
>an install for a demo...but no compile.  bad. help.  thanx.

>!!geo

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Cant compile - CHR$ and ERROR$ FAILING!

I remember getting this early on after maybe SP1, when the Common Controls
OCX was broken. Fixing it involved going into your Components and/or
References and re-referencing the common controls. What they had to do with
it, I'll never know, but it worked. Do you have SP3 installed? Is anything
listed as "MISSING' in your references?
Just a thought.

Jonas
TRION Technologies

Quote:
>IT tells me that "Compile Error: Can't find project or Library"
>on a "Chr$" in my code on a run or compile.  This also includes other
>standard functions such as Error$, Mid$, Space, and others...hmmm...I cant
>even go to the debug window and type "print chr$(71)" without getting the
>error.  All of the standard VP includes are referenced.  I'm stuck.

>Please Help....and many thanks for quick responses...I would like to create
>an install for a demo...but no compile.  bad. help.  thanx.

>!!geo

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cant compile - CHR$ and ERROR$ FAILING!

2. Error compiling on a Chr statement (Access97)

3. Compile error: cant find project or library

4. i have visual studio 6 enterprise, i cant compile anything in visual basic

5. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

6. CHR vs CHR$

7. chr(10) and chr(13) in memofield gives |

8. Chr(10) & Chr(13)

9. Display chr$(30) & chr$(31)

10. Difference between chr(34) and chr(160)

11. Chr(10) and Chr(13) doesn't work

12. is carriage return chr(13) or chr(32)