Cannot Create Remote Obj with DCOM mode
Author Message
 Cannot Create Remote Obj with DCOM mode

Hi, everyone, I run the sample Helo_svr in one WinNt4.0 computer and setup
the Helo_cli in another WinNt4.0 computer. If I choose RA mode, the Helo_cli
operates as expected, but if I choose DCOM mode in the Remote Automation
Manager, it returns with a denied dialog and terminate. BTW, the protocol
listbox of the Remote Automation Manager is disabled so I cann't select any
network protocol.
Why and How wished eagerly.

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Cannot Create Remote Obj with DCOM mode

You may want to persue a problem with permissions on the NT Server side.
Also, check the DCOMCNFG.EXE configuration, on both machines.  They should
be the same, but check to make sure.  Also, you can set the DCOM security
to nothing, using the DCOMCNFG.EXE, and try that. That should work. If it
does, then you know it is a security issue.

There are a lot of security issues with DCOM, and they are sometimes hard
to track down. I would check to make sure DCOM is configured correctly on
both machines.

Later,

Mark

--
Mark A. Essex
Micro Solutions

Quote:
> Hi, everyone, I run the sample Helo_svr in one WinNt4.0 computer and
setup
> the Helo_cli in another WinNt4.0 computer. If I choose RA mode, the
Helo_cli
> operates as expected, but if I choose DCOM mode in the Remote Automation
> Manager, it returns with a denied dialog and terminate. BTW, the protocol
> listbox of the Remote Automation Manager is disabled so I cann't select
any
> network protocol.
> Why and How wished eagerly.

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

2. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

3. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

4. IE 6.0 cannot access frames in DCOM remote invocation

5. DCOM (ActiveX Cannot create Object)

6. Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode

7. Cannot create a remote obiect

8. Cannot initialize OLE/Cannot Create DAO DB Engine

9. Obj Ref not set to an instance of an Obj

10. Dim obj As New Class crt Dim Obj As Class = New Class

11. CR Engine Obj Lib vs CR Designer Component Obj Model

12. COM+ obj calling another COM+ obj