ActiveX Document Events In IE Explorer are Different?
Author Message
 ActiveX Document Events In IE Explorer are Different?

------=_NextPart_000_01BC5AB1.AA641C10

        I have a control that I put together called SuperButton.  It mimics the
buttons on the VB5 toolbar in that they are flat until the mouse passes
over them then they raise up if they are active.  I do this by starting a
timer when the mouse is moved over the control.  When the timer expires I
check to see if the mouse is still over the control using the GetCursourPos
API and Checking it against the GetWindowRect API using the controls
handle.  The thing works great in a regular EXE problem is when I put the
control on an ActiveX document and open it with Internet Explorer the
control no longer works like it is supposed to.   It now raises up when the
mouse passes over it but as soon as the timer expires the button recedes.
I am assuming that the check to see if the GetCursorPos does not return a
value that is inside the Rect returned by GetWindowRect.  I am have other
problems relating to this same project so I have foregone the custom button
for now but thought I would throw this out and see if anyone else has
experienced this or has insight.

--
W.A. Jacaruso

------=_NextPart_000_01BC5AB1.AA641C10

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">&#009;I have a control that I put =
together called SuperButton. &nbsp;It mimics the buttons on the VB5 =
toolbar in that they are flat until the mouse passes over them then they =
raise up if they are active. &nbsp;I do this by starting a timer when =
the mouse is moved over the control. &nbsp;When the timer expires I =
check to see if the mouse is still over the control using the =
GetCursourPos API and Checking it against the GetWindowRect API using =
the controls handle. &nbsp;The thing works great in a regular EXE =
problem is when I put the control on an ActiveX document and open it =
with Internet Explorer the control no longer works like it is supposed =
to. &nbsp;&nbsp;It now raises up when the mouse passes over it but as =
soon as the timer expires the button recedes. &nbsp;I am assuming that =
the check to see if the GetCursorPos does not return a value that is =
inside the Rect returned by GetWindowRect. &nbsp;I am have other =
problems relating to this same project so I have foregone the custom =
button for now but thought I would throw this out and see if anyone else =

color=3D"#000000"></p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BC5AB1.AA641C10--

Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX document in explorer bar to capture events

2. sizing an Activex Document to the document size in IE

3. ActiveX Document Executable, What Am I Missing?

5. ActiveX Document DLL: Test in Internet Explorer

6. Internet Explorer Help conflicts with ActiveX Document Help

7. IE4SP1 - Loss of Explorer Functionality after running ActiveX Document

8. Problem w/ EXE ActiveX document & Internet Explorer

9. ActiveX Document from VB5 Problem in Internet Explorer

10. ActiveX Document and Passing Parameters in Internet Explorer

11. Problem with ActiveX Document Viewed in Internet Explorer over HTTP:// Link

12. activex document problem with internet explorer