getobjectcontext("response")
Author Message
 getobjectcontext("response")

Hi there

I am trying to access the built-in ASP objects from a component I built
in Visual Basic.  I provided a reference in the project to the
Microsoft Active Server Pages Object Library and Microsoft Transaction
Type Library.  These are the line of code I have:

1    Dim ctx As ObjectContext
2    Dim objResponse As Response

3    Set ctx = GetObjectContext()
4    Set objResponse = GetObjectContext("Response")

This should work but when it reaches line 4 it tells me -
"Object required"... Any ideas why?

Thanks
Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 getobjectcontext("response")
set objResponse = Response

--
Gregory A Jackson MCSD, MCT
Senior Software Engineer

Quote:

>Hi there

>I am trying to access the built-in ASP objects from a component I built
>in Visual Basic.  I provided a reference in the project to the
>Microsoft Active Server Pages Object Library and Microsoft Transaction
>Type Library.  These are the line of code I have:

>1    Dim ctx As ObjectContext
>2    Dim objResponse As Response

>3    Set ctx = GetObjectContext()
>4    Set objResponse = GetObjectContext("Response")

>This should work but when it reaches line 4 it tells me -
>"Object required"... Any ideas why?

>Thanks
>Chris

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to debug in vb for this code GetObjectContext("Response")

2. Error from GetObjectContext.CreateInstance("...")

3. VB--- error using GetObjectContext.Item("Request")

4. VB6--- error using GetObjectContext.Item("Request")

5. VB6-- problem with GetObjectContext.Item("Request")

6. Getting objects from GetObjectContext.Item("MyOwnObject")

7. response.write("<br>")

8. Response.contenttype = "application/vnd.ms-excel"

9. "Nested" response.write

10. "Response"

11. Response.Write Server.HTMLEncode ( "Joe Schmoe")

12. auto response "vbYes" button in VB