Question from Newbie
Author Message
 Question from Newbie

Of course you can.  The question is, is the other program an existing
program that you can't change?  Or is it another program that you are
writing and therefore you can program to accept params?
- Craig

Quote:
> Hello all
> I am a newbie in VB. I am now using VB6.0 with Oracle server.
> Can i pass parameters to an other application?  Let say, I use

> call shall(anotherVB.exe, vbNormalFocus, "can i pass parameters?")
> :
> :

> Can i pass parameter to this exe application?

> Zillion thanks

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question from Newbie
Hello all
I am a newbie in VB. I am now using VB6.0 with Oracle server.
Can i pass parameters to an other application?  Let say, I use

call shall(anotherVB.exe, vbNormalFocus, "can i pass parameters?")
:
:

Can i pass parameter to this exe application?

Zillion thanks

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question from Newbie

Quote:
> Hello all
> I am a newbie in VB. I am now using VB6.0 with Oracle server.
> Can i pass parameters to an other application?  Let say, I use

> call shall(anotherVB.exe, vbNormalFocus, "can i pass parameters?")
> :
> :

> Can i pass parameter to this exe application?

> Zillion thanks

x = shell("theExe theparameters", vbNormalFocus)
--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
'Do, or do not... There is no try.'--Yoda

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Question from Newbie
The other application has to be programmed to expect the parameters.
The command line parameters will be placed in Command($) for that app
to parse through:

Call Shell("notepad.exe autoexec.bat", vbNormalFocus)
'Loads AUTOEXEC.BAT into Notepad

LFS

Quote:

> Hello all
> I am a newbie in VB. I am now using VB6.0 with Oracle server.
> Can i pass parameters to an other application?  Let say, I use

> call shall(anotherVB.exe, vbNormalFocus, "can i pass parameters?")
> :
> :

> Can i pass parameter to this exe application?

> Zillion thanks

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3 expert questions about newbie stuff

2. simple question for newbie re: case sensitivity

3. API question from Newbie

4. VB Database Question from newbie

5. VB4 Question from Newbie

6. Some questions, some newbie (retry)

7. Few questions, some newbie

8. Correct VB terminology question from newbie...

9. file reading question from newbie

10. a few questions from newbie

11. VBA question from newbie (Please Help)

12. question for newbie