Re : Can't run exe file
Author Message
 Re : Can't run exe file

Hello,

How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup program?  It
is a product Demo program and would not install any program into client's
PC.

Thanks a lot!
bevis
www.softleader.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:36:25 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file
Hello,

How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup program?  It
is a product Demo program and would not install any program into client's
PC.

Thanks a lot!
bevis
www.softleader.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:39:40 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file
Either have the user double-click on the .exe or set up an autorun.inf file
on the CD.  Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
orks.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
mds.htm

HTH.

--
Douglas Bass
QualChoice of NC

Quote:
> Hello,

> How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup program?
It
> is a product Demo program and would not install any program into client's
> PC.

> Thanks a lot!
> bevis
> www.softleader.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:45:41 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file
Douglas,

Thanks a lot  and I have any other problem.

Can I embedded all the  VB run time dll into the EXE or in the CD.  I don't
want to install any dll or ocx into client's PC.

Thanks
Bevis
www.softleader.com

Quote:
> Either have the user double-click on the .exe or set up an autorun.inf
file
> on the CD.  Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
Quote:
> orks.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
Quote:
> mds.htm

> HTH.

> --
> Douglas Bass
> QualChoice of NC
> Database Administrator

> > Hello,

> > How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup program?
> It
> > is a product Demo program and would not install any program into
client's
> > PC.

> > Thanks a lot!
> > bevis
> > www.softleader.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:18:22 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file
Nope.

--
Curt

(Remove NOSPAM for E-Mail Replies)
http://www.Darkfalz.com
** And The Geek Shall Inherit The Earth

> Douglas,

> Thanks a lot  and I have any other problem.

> Can I embedded all the  VB run time dll into the EXE or in the CD.  I
don't
> want to install any dll or ocx into client's PC.

> Thanks
> Bevis
> www.softleader.com

> > Either have the user double-click on the .exe or set up an autorun.inf
> file
> > on the CD.  Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
Quote:
> > orks.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...

> > mds.htm

> > HTH.

> > --
> > Douglas Bass
> > QualChoice of NC
> > Database Administrator

> > > Hello,

> > > How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup
program?
> > It
> > > is a product Demo program and would not install any program into
> client's
> > > PC.

> > > Thanks a lot!
> > > bevis
> > > www.softleader.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:56:10 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file
you cannot imbed the vb runtime into your exe.  i don't know about running
it from the cd.  sorry.

--
Douglas Bass
QualChoice of NC

Quote:
> Douglas,

> Thanks a lot  and I have any other problem.

> Can I embedded all the  VB run time dll into the EXE or in the CD.  I
don't
> want to install any dll or ocx into client's PC.

> Thanks
> Bevis
> www.softleader.com

> > Either have the user double-click on the .exe or set up an autorun.inf
> file
> > on the CD.  Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
Quote:
> > orks.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...

> > mds.htm

> > HTH.

> > --
> > Douglas Bass
> > QualChoice of NC
> > Database Administrator

> > > Hello,

> > > How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup
program?
> > It
> > > is a product Demo program and would not install any program into
> client's
> > > PC.

> > > Thanks a lot!
> > > bevis
> > > www.softleader.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:46:50 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file
What you need is Delphi

Quote:
> Douglas,

> Thanks a lot  and I have any other problem.

> Can I embedded all the  VB run time dll into the EXE or in the CD.  I
don't
> want to install any dll or ocx into client's PC.

> Thanks
> Bevis
> www.softleader.com

> > Either have the user double-click on the .exe or set up an autorun.inf
> file
> > on the CD.  Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
Quote:
> > orks.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...

> > mds.htm

> > HTH.

> > --
> > Douglas Bass
> > QualChoice of NC
> > Database Administrator

> > > Hello,

> > > How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup
program?
> > It
> > > is a product Demo program and would not install any program into
> client's
> > > PC.

> > > Thanks a lot!
> > > bevis
> > > www.softleader.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:56:43 GMT
 Re : Can't run exe file

You can't embed dll's into the EXE.
About putting the runtime onto the CD so the EXE can run from the CD:
I did this using VB4, and it worked.  BUT:  I did not test it very
much.    I wanted to run the program on a bunch of systems that had
the same configuration (Same os, same everything) so I am not sure if
this will work always...

Kyle

Quote:
>Douglas,

>Thanks a lot  and I have any other problem.

>Can I embedded all the  VB run time dll into the EXE or in the CD.  I don't
>want to install any dll or ocx into client's PC.

>Thanks
>Bevis
>www.softleader.com

>> Either have the user double-click on the .exe or set up an autorun.inf
>file
>> on the CD.  Here's a couple of links to get you started:

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
>> orks.htm

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Shell_basics/Aut...
>> mds.htm

>> HTH.

>> --
>> Douglas Bass
>> QualChoice of NC
>> Database Administrator

>> > Hello,

>> > How to run an EXE (vb compiled) from a CD-Rom without any setup program?
>> It
>> > is a product Demo program and would not install any program into
>client's
>> > PC.

>> > Thanks a lot!
>> > bevis
>> > www.softleader.com

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 05:44:41 GMT

1. 'Canned' data in VB program

2. Running a dos EXE file from Access'97

3. Running a dos EXE file from Access'97

4. Can't run EXE file

5. Writing to a running program's EXE file

6. Help:Vb4 .exe file doesn't run

7. Help: VB4 .exe files doesn't run

8. setup.exe doesn't run my setup1.exe

9. .EXE running from AT service on NT won't run with ORACLE ODBC

10. Plug-In's: can't run exe more than once

11. Compiled vb exe's won't run

12. VB4.0 EXE's won't run