Treadingmodel is an invalid key
Author Message
 Treadingmodel is an invalid key

hi,
I installed VB5 on my laptop and copied the projectfiles from the desktop to
that same laptop.
When I try to open a project on my laptop I get the message 'Treadingmodel
is an invalid key' and the project won't open.
Anybody please,
Peter

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treadingmodel is an invalid key

Quote:

> hi,
> I installed VB5 on my laptop and copied the projectfiles from the desktop to
> that same laptop.
> When I try to open a project on my laptop I get the message 'Treadingmodel
> is an invalid key' and the project won't open.

Did the projects include any "add-ins," such as third-party contols,
which you have not yet installed on the laptop?

--

     ^^^^^^^^
To send me e-mail, delete the "nowhere."

And for you automated email spammers out there:

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treadingmodel is an invalid key
Peter,

I've seen this problem as well. My machine had enterprise vb5 installed on
it and my coworker's machine had professional. I seem to recall somewhere's
that controlling the threading model was one difference between pro and
enterprise.

Rob MacFadyen

Quote:
>hi,
>I installed VB5 on my laptop and copied the projectfiles from the desktop
>that same laptop.
>When I try to open a project on my laptop I get the message 'Treadingmodel
>is an invalid key' and the project won't open.
>Anybody please,
>Peter

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treadingmodel is an invalid key
I get this error when I try to open VB6 projects with VB5

David

Quote:

>Peter,

>I've seen this problem as well. My machine had enterprise vb5 installed on
>it and my coworker's machine had professional. I seem to recall somewhere's
>that controlling the threading model was one difference between pro and
>enterprise.

>Rob MacFadyen

>>hi,
>>I installed VB5 on my laptop and copied the projectfiles from the desktop
>>that same laptop.
>>When I try to open a project on my laptop I get the message 'Treadingmodel
>>is an invalid key' and the project won't open.
>>Anybody please,
>>Peter

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Treadingmodel is an invalid key
Yep, I've had this with VB5 SP3 vbp files, when you open them in prior
versions. Just edit the .vbp text file in a text editor and take the
threading model line out - it won't be used in versions prior to VB5 SP3
anyway. If you want the setting to be used, you need to compile with VB5 SP3
or later.
Hope this helps,
Jon Rowland

Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Invalid Key? Oops -

2. Retained is an invalid key messsage

3. ListView - Invalid Key Problem - HELP!

4. Visual Basic 5.0 Invalid Key

5. VB5 Prof Edt and W2KProf : Retained is an invalid key

6. Invalid Key

7. Invalid Key? Oops -

8. Project file...contains invalid key 'Retained'

9. Invalid TreeView Node Key

10. Invalid Key in TreeView

11. Invalid key in TreeView

12. Dragging creates an invalid key - please help