Extended Stored Proc in VB5.0
Author Message
 Extended Stored Proc in VB5.0

Hello,
Is it possible to write extended stored proc in VB 5.0?  Has anyone done
this or
have sample codes?  Thanks.

Ian Huynh

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Extended Stored Proc in VB5.0

I have been informed (though I cannot absolutely verify the accuracy), that
extended stored procedures for MS SQL Server have to be written in C...

Anyone heard any different?  If so, I'd be really interested as well!

Josh

Quote:
>Hello,
>Is it possible to write extended stored proc in VB 5.0?  Has anyone done
>this or
>have sample codes?  Thanks.

>Ian Huynh

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Extended Stored Proc in VB5.0

correct or c++

-GertD
SQL Server Development

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Extended Stored Proc in VB5.0

Why is this limited to c or C++.?  If VB 5 can generate true dlls shouldn't
this be possible.?

I take it that you can create VB 5 Active X Dlls and use the sp_OAcreate to
access thier functionality....

Will it be possible to write stored procs in VB for SQL Server 7

Thanks in advance
Marcus Cherian

Quote:

>correct or c++

>-GertD
>SQL Server Development

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Extended Stored Proc in VB5.0

True, you can only write Extended Stored Procedures with C(++).  But you CAN
write OLE Automation Stored Procedures with VB (4 or 5) Dlls, and use
sp_OACreate.

--
Mark Harr
LDA Systems, Inc.

Quote:

>Why is this limited to c or C++.?  If VB 5 can generate true dlls shouldn't
>this be possible.?

>I take it that you can create VB 5 Active X Dlls and use the sp_OAcreate to
>access thier functionality....

>Will it be possible to write stored procs in VB for SQL Server 7

>Thanks in advance
>Marcus Cherian

>>correct or c++

>>-GertD
>>SQL Server Development

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Extended Stored Proc in VB5.0

Because you need a NORMAL .DLL file and not a COM .DLL

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 Oracle Stored Proc Access - Returning Table datatype

2. VB5: UserConnection problem: Calling stored proc

3. Q: Accessing stored proc params in VB5 and Crystal 5

4. calling Oracle stored proc from VB5

5. executing an extended stored procedure on SQLServer from VBA

6. Info needed regarding DLL's with SQL Extended Stored Procedures

7. VB and MSSQL server extended stored procedure

8. SQL Extended Stored Procedures

9. Problem storing extended ANSI characters in dBase III+ file

10. Extended Stored Procedure, how?..

11. extended stored procedures

12. Extended Stored Procedures available in VB?