where to store global data?
Author Message
 where to store global data?

I have a class that manages limited resources (more specifically,
ADODB.connection, due to restrictions imposed by ISPs).

As a result, I need to store the current number of resources used. Now I am
wondering what's the fastest way to store data and retrieve data for update.
I suppose I can use a file to store the current resource used. I can also
store the information in registry. Since my front end is ASP, I can also
store the information in Application object.

It is also important to note that I need to able to lock the storage
location for read or update (i.e., must be completely serializable). I can
certainly do that with file or application storage. What about registry?

So what's the best way to do it? and are there any other ways of storing the
data? [You can rule out SQL Server because connection is the resource to be
managed.]

TIA

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:30:57 GMT

1. Get field data like name and office from global adress-list

2. Having trouble getting the Alias (Account) field data from a global address

3. Using data from a Global Template

4. ADO data access as global

5. global variable to the data environment

6. Problem with Global data in ActiveX dll's

7. Global Variables or User defined data type

8. Writing data to Global memory

9. How can I lock global data structures?

10. Global Data in DLL

11. OLE Server: Global Data?

12. Reloading global object in DLL after data update