Index Property / Seek Method In Recordset
Author Message
 Index Property / Seek Method In Recordset

I have already used the dbOpenTable option to open the MDB. Why? please
help!!!

You must open the recordset as a table using dbOpenTable option.  It only
works with access table.

I cannot find the Index Property and the seek method in Recordset, why?
Best Regards,
Steven

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Index Property / Seek Method In Recordset
How do you access the table?  You must access the table directly not through
table attachment.

For example,

if the table is in a.mdb which is located in c:\temp and you attach the
table through b.mdb, you cannot open it as table through b.mdb.  You must
access it directly to a.mdb.

Here is some code to clarify it.

In your program there will be 2 databases object.

  Set moOne = CurrentDb ' Where the attached table is defined
  Set moTwo = Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("c:\temp\a.mdb") ' The physical
location of tblA

' Let say that table tblA is on a.mdb
' To open it as a table use
  Set moRS = moTwo.OpenRecordset("tblA", dbOpenTable)

' If you open it through moOne, it will be treated as a regular recordset.

Quote:

>I have already used the dbOpenTable option to open the MDB. Why? please
>help!!!

>You must open the recordset as a table using dbOpenTable option.  It only
>works with access table.

>I cannot find the Index Property and the seek method in Recordset, why?
>Best Regards,
>Steven

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Index property and Seek method

2. Index Property/SEEK method Problem with ADO

3. Problems with the methods Index and Seek

4. Seek, Index on ADO Recordset

5. Seek method of recordset

6. Seek method on ADO data recordset?

7. Recordset Seek method

8. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

9. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

10. Seek method not found for my ADODB.Recordset object

11. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

12. ADODB.Recordset without index property