VB/Outlook calendar
Author Message
 VB/Outlook calendar

I am writing a VB app that needs to check people's Outlook calendars to see
if a particular time slot is open.  If the time slot is available, then the
VB app will schedule an event.  Any sample code would be appreciated.  Thank
You.

Ed

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB/Outlook calendar
There is a "freebusy" property attached to a recipient.

Public Const NUMHOURS = 15
Public Const STARTHOUR = 6          'start at 6AM
Public Const NUMHOURDIVISIONS = 2

Public Function GetBitString(RecipientItem As Object) As String
    Dim temp As String  'Buffer for Free/Busy Time

    temp = RecipientItem.FreeBusy(CurrentDate, 30)    'returns string

    GetBitString = Mid$(temp, (STARTHOUR * 2) + 1, (NUMHOURS *
NUMHOURDIVISIONS))
End Function

I hope this helps,
cj

Quote:

> I am writing a VB app that needs to check people's Outlook calendars to
see
> if a particular time slot is open.  If the time slot is available, then
the
> VB app will schedule an event.  Any sample code would be appreciated.
Thank
> You.

> Ed

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB/Outlook calendar

2. Calendar Appointment hyperlinks outlook://calendar?

3. Print out MS Outlook calendars via VBA WITHIN MS Outlook

4. Error trying to read calendar data using VB.NET when Outlook is not open

5. Embedding Outlook calendar in VB form

6. Delete Appt from Outlook Calendar via VB Code

7. Outlook Calendar in a VB app

8. Set up Outlook Calendar Appts. thru VB

9. how to read outlook calendar of other users from VB

10. Outlook Calendar Control and VB/ Mallika Jacob

11. Linking Outlook Calendar Dates to Access

12. outlook 98 calendars