Reccomendations for a Zip componant
Author Message
 Reccomendations for a Zip componant

DynaZip is a very good product. I have had no problems with it (although I
haven't used it with VB, only with VFP & Clarion).

Quote:

--
Chris Moore

O'Neil Data Systems, Inc.
(972) 687-7004
(972) 687-7006 (fax)

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:14:31 GMT
 Reccomendations for a Zip componant
Can anyone reccomend me a good zipping componant that would be ideal to use
in a server side unattended application which has minimal user intervention.
Basically it must not crash because it will be zipping files all day long
every day.  I had prototyped vbAcceleraters zip class but it was not stable
enough in this type of situation..  Has anyone used a Zip program to zip up
files in this unattended automated manner?  How has it performed?  Pros/
Cons?  Cost?

Preferably a code componant and not an ActiveX Control please.

Kip

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:03:03 GMT
 Reccomendations for a Zip componant
Hi,

I use DynaZip from InnerMedia.  You can purchase it from VBxtras
(www.vbxtras.com), at a discount from retail -- there are other sources,
too.

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)
Hard & Software

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:20:34 GMT
 Reccomendations for a Zip componant
A few people have reccomended DynaZIP.  We are in the midst of purchasing
it..

I used the demo and it passed my stress test... Unlike the free VB
Accelerator Zip classes which failed my stress test miserably..

Kip

Quote:
> Hi,

> I use DynaZip from InnerMedia.  You can purchase it from VBxtras
> (www.vbxtras.com), at a discount from retail -- there are other sources,
> too.

> --
> Richard Grier (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)
> Hard & Software
> 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
> Lakewood, CO  80228
> 303-986-2179 (voice)
> 303-986-3143 (fax)
> Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 2nd
> Edition ISBN 1-890422-25-8 (355 pages).
> For information look on my homepage at http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
> Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the publisher at
> http://www.mabry.com/vbpgser.

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:59:09 GMT

1. Reccomendations for a Zip componant

2. Reccomendations for creating reports here please

3. Want: RTF VBX - any reccomendations?

4. Pocket PC, eVB, SQL Server CE: Reccomendations please!

5. abcrd001.zip/abc0995.zip - ALL BASIC CODE Packets/Reader/Extractor

6. Help finding SAL.ZIP & MPI_PS.ZIP

7. Reading files from a zip file (Just reading the filenames, not unzipping or zipping)

8. Zip 2 zip dist calc?

9. Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL

10. CGI32.ZIP Using VB to write CGI files - cgi32.zip (1/1)

11. Help finding SAL.ZIP & MPI_PS.ZIP

12. ActiveX Componant can't create object