set the MDI parent of MDI child forms that are in a DLL
Author Message
 set the MDI parent of MDI child forms that are in a DLL

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 set the MDI parent of MDI child forms that are in a DLL
Dave, I've seen this bounced around quite a bit and every attempt always
seems to involve a few glitches.

It's probably not the answer you want but I've been able to do this with no
problems using Stingray's OT/X:

http://www.stingray.com/otx/default.asp

'------
galen

Quote:

Sat, 28 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 set the MDI parent of MDI child forms that are in a DLL

I have received two responses thus far, and would like to report my
findings to the group:

It _is_ possible to use the SetParent API function to set the MDI
parent of an MDI child from a DLL. The child DLL needs to return some
value (a reference to the form, or other value) that the parent MDI
can use to get the child's hWnd (window handle) in order to use the
SetParent method.

Acording to "cbarrett" there is a great article in the March 1999
edition of Visual Basic Programmers Journal (VBPJ), but you would have
to subscribe to get it since most news stands are still carrying the
February edition.

Clearly, this is an important issue, which I will continue to follow
up on until I am comfortable with the answer to my question. I would
encourage fellow practictioners to contribute to this body of
knowledge so that we may all benefit.

Regards,
Dave Sanabria
Programmer
PRT Group, Inc.

Quote:

Sun, 29 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

2. Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

3. Maximized MDI child form Covering Status bar on MDI parent

4. Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

5. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

7. Having MDI form with MDI Child form in DLL

8. Dynamically set an activex dll as child of MDI parent

9. Dynamically set an activex dll as child of MDI parent

10. Move activex dll child on a MDI parent parent window

11. Dynamically setting mdi child to mdi form

12. Dynamically setting mdi child to mdi form