Coolbar Woes
Author Message
 Coolbar Woes

I am trying to make a Coolbar for my app. I have tried to do it a number of ways but I have had no
success. I can't afford to buy a control for $150, $15 - $30 maybe. I really need a freeware control
or some source code that does a good job. Thank you.

Yoda1,

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Coolbar Woes

You actually don't need a control to do the job. Search for the site named
VBnet(I can't remember the exact address)   and you will find a lot of
usefull source code, including a way to turn the original Toolbar control
into a coolbar just by calling 2 API's.

Hope this helps

Morten Andersen

Quote:

>I am trying to make a Coolbar for my app. I have tried to do it a number of

ways but I have had no
Quote:
>success. I can't afford to buy a control for $150, $15 - $30 maybe. I

really need a freeware control
Quote:
>or some source code that does a good job. Thank you.

>Yoda1,

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Coolbar Woes

Ehmz, just one question, what do you guys mean with a coolbar in fact? The
type of 'flat' toolbar which is also used in IE, Hotdog, etc? I once saw
that it's also possible to use an API fuction for that (however I don't
remember it anymore). If it is some other type of toolbar, please tell me,
I'm interested.

Eggbird

Quote:
>You actually don't need a control to do the job. Search for the site named
>VBnet(I can't remember the exact address)   and you will find a lot of
>usefull source code, including a way to turn the original Toolbar control
>into a coolbar just by calling 2 API's.

>Hope this helps

>Morten Andersen

>>I am trying to make a Coolbar for my app. I have tried to do it a number
of
>ways but I have had no
>>success. I can't afford to buy a control for $150, $15 - $30 maybe. I
>really need a freeware control
>>or some source code that does a good job. Thank you.

>>Yoda1,

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Coolbar Woes

Quote:

>Ehmz, just one question, what do you guys mean with a coolbar in fact? The
>type of 'flat' toolbar which is also used in IE, Hotdog, etc? I once saw
>that it's also possible to use an API fuction for that (however I don't
>remember it anymore). If it is some other type of toolbar, please tell me,
>I'm interested.

Same thing essentially, and there is a way to change the standard VB
toolbar control (Windows Common Controls) into the coolbar style. You
can find it at the VBNet web site:

http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/vbnet/default.htm

Paul
~~~~

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Coolbar Woes

2. Coolbar Woes

3. Coolbar Woes

4. Coolbar Example Attached.. - coolbar.zip (1/1)

5. Coolbar Code example - coolbar.zip [01/01]

6. compare 3rd party coolbar controls vs VB6 coolbar???

7. Coolbar Code example - coolbar.zip [01/01]

8. TransferSpreadsheet Woes

9. Newserver woes... resolved, I hope

10. image woes

11. "No current record" woes in DAO