COM+ Team Development?
Author Message
 COM+ Team Development?

I am trying to organize a COM+ development project, with 6
developers.
The application is divided into 4 logical tiers
(presentation, control, business logic, persistence).
The presentation uses XML/XSLT to XHTML.
Persistence uses SQL Server 2000 stored procedures and
views.
Control and business logic will be implemented using VB
6/COM+.
The question is, how can 4 developers work on separate
COM+ components that, although loosely coupled, are still
indeed coupled?  Does anyone have a process for this sort
of development in place?

Thanks,
joe

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:56:52 GMT
 COM+ Team Development?
Would these individuals be located remotely, and trying to
develop something where each others objects are available
remotely to everyone?

Sound like a logistics nightmare.

Quote:

Tue, 15 Jun 2004 04:22:39 GMT
 COM+ Team Development?
The developers are in the same building.

The idea, though, is that each developer will have his or
her own "sandbox" do make/break components, and an
integration environment to which tested components will be
delivered.

The problem is that components in each sandbox have
dependencies to components in the other developers'
sandboxes; how do projects manage the changing components?

Is this just the wrong environment setup for COM+
development?

I'm transitioning from the java/j2ee world where a newer
component can be dropped into place without breaking
anything, as long as the interface exposed by the
component does not change.

Quote:

Tue, 15 Jun 2004 05:05:24 GMT

1. To the VB.NET Development Team...

2. Game Development Team

3. Problem with team development

4. CM tool to use with VB 6.0 --small development team

5. ? - VB6, MTS/COM+ COM Object Development

6. Tizek.com is in dire need of a development team...

7. Tizek.com is in dire need of a development team...

8. SoftForces.com - Professional Software Development and Consulting

9. Problem in COM with VB Development

10. aspSql.com custom software development, cost effectively

11. Settings for IIS COM+ DLL development

12. Development question.COM+ Dev w/ GUI dev