Asynchronous calls in Win95
Author Message
 Asynchronous calls in Win95

I am implementing 3 tier architecture in which i have UI, Client dll which
implements Runable for asynchronous processing which further makes a call to the
Server Dll which resides in MTS.

The UI, and the Client DLL resides on users machine, if i use WIN NT or Win 2K
Client machine asynchronous calls work fine , but if the Client machine is Win 95
once the client makes a call to the server it never returns back, can anyone tell
me the reason for this.

The only reason i can think of is since win95 does not support mulithreaded apps
and since my client spawns a new thread everytime it makes a call to the server
it is unable to handle it, can anyone think of any solution.

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:55:27 GMT
 Asynchronous calls in Win95
I am implementing 3 tier architecture in which i have UI, Client dll which
implements Runable for asynchronous processing which further makes a call to the
Server Dll which resides in MTS.

The UI, and the Client DLL resides on users machine, if i use WIN NT or Win 2K
Client machine asynchronous calls work fine , but if the Client machine is Win 95
once the client makes a call to the server it never returns back, can anyone tell
me the reason for this.

The only reason i can think of is since win95 does not support mulithreaded apps
and since my client spawns a new thread everytime it makes a call to the server
it is unable to handle it, can anyone think of any solution.

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:55:22 GMT

1. Asynchronous calls by implementing Runnable on Win95

2. Asynchronous Calls on Delegates

3. Asynchronous or non blocking calls in VB

4. Asynchronous database calls to Oracle

5. Asynchronous ActiveX calling

6. asynchronous calls using VBS

7. Asynchronous calls

8. Asynchronous COM call from ASP

9. Handling asynchronous call in ASP and VB

10. Asynchronous method calls

11. Call to AppendChunk asynchronous?

12. Asynchronous calling of exe