VB and Base64-encoding/decoding
Author Message
 VB and Base64-encoding/decoding

I need code to do a base64 encoding/decoding from an .ASP-page and would
like to use a VB-component (installed on IIS) to do so.

I have found mumerous kodes for this transformation ... but I am a bit
reluctant to compile the code myself into a .dll and register the component.

So:

Are there any components I can buy out there ? It would not be a bad thing
if the component could do other kinds of things like MD5/SHA etc ...

thanks,

--
Jesper Stocholm
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 01 May 2004 19:48:22 GMT
 VB and Base64-encoding/decoding
I believe that the free SocketTools from Catalyst has Base64 functions,
check it out.  There's bound to be some VB sample code around as well,
have you searched the VB sites, like www.mvps.org?

If you'll accept a commercial solution, our Stamina library (450
routines written in ASM for use by VB6 and VBA) has Base64
encode/decode, as well as MD5 hash functions for files, strings, and
blobs.  All are very fast.

--

    Jim Mack
    MicroDexterity Inc

Quote:
> I need code to do a base64 encoding/decoding from an .ASP-page and
would
> like to use a VB-component (installed on IIS) to do so.

> I have found mumerous kodes for this transformation ... but I am a bit
> reluctant to compile the code myself into a .dll and register the
component.

> So:

> Are there any components I can buy out there ? It would not be a bad
thing
> if the component could do other kinds of things like MD5/SHA etc ...

Thu, 06 May 2004 05:02:47 GMT

1. Base64 encoding/decoding

2. base64 decoding (encoding probably as well)

3. base64 Encode/Decode

4. Sample Code for Base64 Encoding/Decoding

5. Base64 Encode for VB?

6. Base64 encoding using VB 5.0

7. How to do Base64 Encoding in VB ?

8. Decode Encoded-word in MIME field mail using VB.net

9. how decode base64 string?

10. Base64 Decode

11. XML, Base64, VBScript decoding