Need a GUI VB6 Query Tool other than Visual Data Manager
Author Message
 Need a GUI VB6 Query Tool other than Visual Data Manager

I'm a newbie to VB6 Enterprise though I have done a great deal of
programming in MS Access, so I'm familiar with the syntax.  I love the
GUI query designer in Access where you can make self joins on tables by
bringing up as many instances of a table or query as you want, thus
deriving many interesting and complicated relationships.  The only thing
I can find in VB6 is the Visual Data Manager which is garbage.  It will
only allow you to bring up one instance of each table with a limited
number of query options.  I have a VB5/SQL server book that says there
is a GUI Query Tool like Access has that only the Enterprise version of
VB5 has.  I can not find it anywhere.

Any suggestions as to where to find the query interface would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve House

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need a GUI VB6 Query Tool other than Visual Data Manager
try data connection designer or something like that in VB 6 EE
Quote:

>I'm a newbie to VB6 Enterprise though I have done a great deal of
>programming in MS Access, so I'm familiar with the syntax.  I love the
>GUI query designer in Access where you can make self joins on tables by
>bringing up as many instances of a table or query as you want, thus
>deriving many interesting and complicated relationships.  The only thing
>I can find in VB6 is the Visual Data Manager which is garbage.  It will
>only allow you to bring up one instance of each table with a limited
>number of query options.  I have a VB5/SQL server book that says there
>is a GUI Query Tool like Access has that only the Enterprise version of
>VB5 has.  I can not find it anywhere.

>Any suggestions as to where to find the query interface would be greatly
>appreciated.

>Thanks in advance,

>Steve House

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need ocx with GUI tool to build SQL queries

2. VB5 Visual Data Manager vs. VB4 Data Manager

3. AutoIncrement field in VB6 Visual Data Manager

4. VB6.0 Visual Data Manager to read Access 2000 .mdb's

5. VB6 - Visual Data Manager not loading ?

6. VB6 Visual Data Manager - Error 3343

7. AutoIncrement field in VB6 Visual Data Manager

8. Can't find Enterprize Visual Data Tools in VB6

9. Newbie needs help with data report tool in VB6

10. Parameter query woes, works in Access GUI, not in VB6

11. using excel data in vb's visual data manager

12. visual data manager form and data report