Help ! ActiveX Dll Gurus
Author Message
 Help ! ActiveX Dll Gurus

Hi,

I try to build an ActiveX Dll to create a connection to a database. This Dll
allows the user to enter a login and a password to establish a connection to
the database.

My VB program runs like that :

1. I start the VB application showing MDI Form

2. I create an instance of my Connection object, call the method to
establish the connection. This method opens a modal form with textbox
(Username, Password) and buttons.

If I click on my MDI Form when the Modal Connection form is opened, the
Modal form for the connection disappears behind the MDI, a dialog box with 2
command buttons "Switch to" and "Retry" appears with the following message :

    "This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy.
Choose "switch to" to activate the busy application and correct the
problem."

I can click on "Switch" or "Retry", but I never go back to my Connection
form and I have to kill  my application.

How can I fix this problem ?

Thank you for yours answers.

Philippe Fornaciari
Summit Technologies International

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help ! ActiveX Dll Gurus

In my DLL, I call a Login method that will make the connection (or return
false).  I have a separate property that is of type rdoConnection that I use
to return the connection.

What I think is happening is that the DLL is waiting for the modal form to
be dismissed, and the MDI form is waiting for the DLL method to return.

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help ! ActiveX Dll Gurus

Use the SetWindowPos API call to set your login form to be topmost when you
show it.
Use the OLEServerBusyMsgText property of the App object to change the
"Switch To" message.

SimonJ
PC Pro Magazine

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help ! ActiveX Dll Gurus

Philippe Fornaciari schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>Hi,

>I try to build an ActiveX Dll to create a connection to a database. This
Dll
>allows the user to enter a login and a password to establish a connection
>the database.

>My VB program runs like that :

>1. I start the VB application showing MDI Form

>2. I create an instance of my Connection object, call the method to
>establish the connection. This method opens a modal form with textbox
>(Username, Password) and buttons.

try open the modal form from within the MDI-app and pass the values for
UserName and Password to your DLL to validate the provided information..
Your DLL could now return a value to your app like "authorized" or "OK" ,
etc..

hope this helps...

rising

-------------------- http://rising.dyn.ml.org ---------------------
------- http://privat.schlund.de/R/RisingsSoftware -------

:

>    "This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy.
>Choose "switch to" to activate the busy application and correct the
>problem."

>I can click on "Switch" or "Retry", but I never go back to my Connection
>form and I have to kill  my application.

>How can I fix this problem ?

>Thank you for yours answers.

>Philippe Fornaciari
>Summit Technologies International

Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help ! ActiveX Dll Gurus

2. Help ! ActiveX Dll Gurus

3. GURU/SEMI-GURU please help with ActiveX DLL threading question

4. Dll Gurus: Help with oc25.dll error

5. HELP! ActiveX Gurus

6. ActiveX/VB gurus - desparately need help

7. Need help from VB and DLL guru

8. Need a DLL guru to help me.

9. I Need superior Guru help with C DLL for VB.

10. Need superior Guru help with C DLL for VB

11. Need Guru Help With C DLL for VB

12. ActiveX.exe or ActiveX DLL or ActiveX Control?????????????