Automatically dialing a Dial-Up Networking connection
Author Message
 Automatically dialing a Dial-Up Networking connection

Hi,

How do I check using VB, if the computer that my program is running on is
connected to the Internet already?

And also, if the computer is not yet connected using a specified dial-up
connection, how to dial, using VB, one of the dial-up networking connections
in my Dial-up networking folder, and tell it to redial a specific number of
times if the line is busy?  Does this function return any error codes?

I know this is a lot to ask, but ask I must, as I have been searching for
several hours and could not find anything.  Perhaps I am not a very good
searcher. Anyhow, I thought I would ask you good people on this news group.

Thanks heaps.

Paul Bastowski

Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Automatically dialing a Dial-Up Networking connection
You can use the MSCom control to connect to remote telephone lines through
your modem. simply put a com control in the form
Set the number you wish to dial as a string and dial using the comm control.
Once if you have established the connection u can send and receive data
depending on the computer connected with. I have worked on these areas
extensively, and if this is something you are looking for, pls feel free to
mail me anytime.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Quote:
>Hi,

>How do I check using VB, if the computer that my program is running on is
>connected to the Internet already?

>And also, if the computer is not yet connected using a specified dial-up
>connection, how to dial, using VB, one of the dial-up networking
connections
>in my Dial-up networking folder, and tell it to redial a specific number of
>times if the line is busy?  Does this function return any error codes?

>I know this is a lot to ask, but ask I must, as I have been searching for
>several hours and could not find anything.  Perhaps I am not a very good
>searcher. Anyhow, I thought I would ask you good people on this news group.

>Thanks heaps.

>Paul Bastowski

Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialing a Dial-Up Networking connection from VB

2. Need to know how to dial connection, when both Ethernet and Lan Dial-up active

3. Auto dial - dial-up networking

4. Closing dial up connection automatically

5. HOw to create automatically ras phone entry and dial the connection also

6. Calling a Dial Up Networking connection

7. Detecting dial-up networking connection status

8. disconnecting from dial up networking connection

9. dial up networking connection

10. Dial-Up Networking connection

11. Closing a Dial up Networking Connection

12. Get list of dial up network connections