VB v5.0 project files etc, not compatible with VB v6.0?????
Author Message
 VB v5.0 project files etc, not compatible with VB v6.0?????

No wonder Bill has so much money? Every time you want to update code from
one VB version to another you are forced to buy another copy of Visual
Basic! And that's after you've already parted with US$1,000.00 (probably a
bad conversion from my NZ$ currency, but its close ie, approx. 0.52c US =
NZ$1.00)

Stop the {*filter*}Microsoft. We should all swap to opensource code like LINUX!

thanks
'Ripped Off ex-Microsoft Customer'

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:30:54 GMT
 VB v5.0 project files etc, not compatible with VB v6.0?????
Huh???? No major problems here with VB5 --> VB6 conversion.. and BTW..
"Bill" probably had about as much to do with VB as the US President has to
do with the pot hole in front of your house..

Quote:
> No wonder Bill has so much money? Every time you want to update code from
> one VB version to another you are forced to buy another copy of Visual
> Basic! And that's after you've already parted with US$1,000.00 (probably a
> bad conversion from my NZ$ currency, but its close ie, approx. 0.52c US =
> NZ$1.00)

> Stop the {*filter*}Microsoft. We should all swap to opensource code like LINUX!

> thanks
> 'Ripped Off ex-Microsoft Customer'

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:18:32 GMT
 VB v5.0 project files etc, not compatible with VB v6.0?????
When you install VB6 you are asked if you want to support
certain aspects of vb5 (database if I remember correctly)
Did you check this option?

Mikey :O)

Quote:
> Huh???? No major problems here with VB5 --> VB6 conversion.. and BTW..
> "Bill" probably had about as much to do with VB as the US President has to
> do with the pot hole in front of your house..

> > No wonder Bill has so much money? Every time you want to update code
from
> > one VB version to another you are forced to buy another copy of Visual
> > Basic! And that's after you've already parted with US$1,000.00 (probably
> > bad conversion from my NZ$ currency, but its close ie, approx. 0.52c US
=
> > NZ$1.00)

> > Stop the {*filter*}Microsoft. We should all swap to opensource code like
LINUX!

> > thanks
> > 'Ripped Off ex-Microsoft Customer'

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:16:57 GMT
 VB v5.0 project files etc, not compatible with VB v6.0?????
I am sooooo tired of the whining crybabies who cry about Microsoft. The
worst part is that once you get them to stop crying and explain the problem,
you find it was something they did (or didn't) do. They don't take the time
to read any instructions, yet spend hours screaming and yelling when
something doesn't work.

I've ported at least 300 applications from VB 5.0 to VB 6.0 with very little
effort. About 95 percent of the time they translate without changing one
single line of code.

Microsoft did not become the major corporation they are by ripping off their
customers. I'm often very impressed by the tools that Microsoft has given us
for programming. I started out in assembly language programming. Visual
Basic is a dream come true from that viewpoint.

Please go cry somewhere else. I make a good living from Microsoft products
and I'd prefer not to have to hear your crying, just because you didn't
follow the instructions.

Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Quote:
> No wonder Bill has so much money? Every time you want to update code from
> one VB version to another you are forced to buy another copy of Visual
> Basic! And that's after you've already parted with US$1,000.00 (probably a
> bad conversion from my NZ$ currency, but its close ie, approx. 0.52c US =
> NZ$1.00)

> Stop the {*filter*}Microsoft. We should all swap to opensource code like LINUX!

> thanks
> 'Ripped Off ex-Microsoft Customer'

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 04:32:42 GMT
 VB v5.0 project files etc, not compatible with VB v6.0?????
Was that Gamer or Lamer that posted that diatribe?   :-)

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:10:57 GMT

1. Reading the Printer Port in VB (v5-v6) or QB 4.x

2. Reading the Printer Port in VB (v5-v6)

3. V5 vs V6???

4. V5 vs V6???

5. Upgrading v5 to v6

6. MS Common Dialg V5 vs V6

7. Speed v5.o v. v6.0

8. upgrading common controls v5 to v6

9. Help : VB 3.0 not compatible with MS A 2.0

10. VB 4.0 not compatible with VB3.0 ?

11. INET WebBrowser control is not compatible with standard VB PrintForm function

12. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5