VB6 IIS app vs. ASP/VBscript/Javascript
Author Message
 VB6 IIS app vs. ASP/VBscript/Javascript

Im developing an internet application that is absolutely mission
critical.  I am currently using vb6's new IIS application.  Currently,
there is a dearth of documentation, and working apps in this technology.
Does anyone use this for a really critical app, or am I better off using
the more proven ASP/VBScript/JavaScript/DHTML method??  Its not too late
for me to change, I just am a little leary of problems with any new
Microsoft technology

Thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 IIS app vs. ASP/VBscript/Javascript
A VB IIS application is ASP and a dll under the hood. People use VB dll
components for mission critical apps all the time (wisely or unwisely). I
don't think you can expect to have any more problems with this technology
than you would with anything else. I have worked with IIS applications and
found them to be very good.

--
Andrew Grillage, MCP
__________________

Quote:

> Im developing an internet application that is absolutely mission
> critical.  I am currently using vb6's new IIS application.  Currently,
> there is a dearth of documentation, and working apps in this technology.
> Does anyone use this for a really critical app, or am I better off using
> the more proven ASP/VBscript/JavaScript/DHTML method??  Its not too late
> for me to change, I just am a little leary of problems with any new
> Microsoft technology

> Thanks in advance

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 IIS app vs ASP/VBScript/JavaScript

2. Newbie confused: VB6 vs VB.Net vs VBScript vs VBA

3. Newbie confused: VB6 vs VB.Net vs VBscript vs VBA

4. JavaScript vs. VBScript

5. VBScript vs. JavaScript

6. Javascript vs. VBScript

7. javascript vs vbscript