Picturebox as a container.
Author Message
 Picturebox as a container.

Two questions if anyone can help..
I am using a picturebox as a container to load all the image files in
any directory.
I have the application load as many controls to display the images as is
needed when a directory is selected.
Then problem I have is as I do not know how many images are going to be
loaded I don't know how high to make the picturebox container. Is there
some code I can use to make the picturebox grow if it is not high enough
to display all the images.
I have VScrollbars on the picturebox so it is possible scroll down the
picturebox if need be, which bring me to my second question.
When I run the application and load the images and use the scrollbar to
view the images below the visible height of the picturebox, if I drag
the scrollbar down it scrolls ok, but if I hold the mouse further down
the scrollbar and press the mouse button it scrolls very very slowly. Is
there a way to make the scrollbar scroll down the picturebox faster?
Any help would be great..
Thanks

--
Regards
Tony aka Gamesmaster

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Picturebox as a container.

Quote:
>Two questions if anyone can help..
>I am using a picturebox as a container to load all the image files in
>any directory.
>I have the application load as many controls to display the images as is
>needed when a directory is selected.
>Then problem I have is as I do not know how many images are going to be
>loaded I don't know how high to make the picturebox container. Is there
>some code I can use to make the picturebox grow if it is not high enough
>to display all the images.

eeh, can't you just change the width and height properties of the
picturebox?? You could easily check whether it is needed by adding all the
height and width properties of the pictureboxes in de container.

You could also see how many pictures of a certain filetype are availabe in a
dir by using the dir$ function.

Sorry I can't help you with the other problem...

Quote:
>I have VScrollbars on the picturebox so it is possible scroll down the
>picturebox if need be, which bring me to my second question.
>When I run the application and load the images and use the scrollbar to
>view the images below the visible height of the picturebox, if I drag
>the scrollbar down it scrolls ok, but if I hold the mouse further down
>the scrollbar and press the mouse button it scrolls very very slowly. Is
>there a way to make the scrollbar scroll down the picturebox faster?
>Any help would be great..
>Thanks

Eggbird

http://eggbird.home.ml.org

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Picturebox as a container.

Picture box has a property called AutoSize. If you set it to True, it will
automatically resize to accomodate entire image that it contains.
HTH, Bill, MCP.

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PictureBox control as container

2. Using a PictureBox as a Container on a UserControl

3. Picturebox as a container.

4. Picturebox as a container.

5. How to Clear out the last item in a picturebox as a container?

6. Can I use the picturebox control as container of image controls? or paintpicture

7. Picturebox as container for other controls

8. Picturebox as container for other controls

9. Picturebox Container in Usercontrol

10. PictureBox as container

11. picturebox /container save image

12. Need Help Getting Name of PictureBox Container?