VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help
Author Message
 VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

****Need Help Please****

I have made a button with VB5 and can't get the OCX to work correctly.

The button, when clicked opens a form which looks like a menu. (Like your
start button).

The problem is that I have to get this form aligned with the form which
contains the OCX.

I need the form aligned left of the containing form and directly above the
button.

I have tried the following:

MnuForm1.Show
MnuForm1.Left = UserControl.Left
MnuForm1.Height = (UserControl.Top - 360)

Also Tried

...  = Owner.Left
and = Parent.Left
and = UserControl1.CurrentX

everything results in an error.  Please help.

Viki

Thu, 22 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

Quote:
> ****Need Help Please****

> I have made a button with VB5 and can't get the OCX to work correctly.

> The button, when clicked opens a form which looks like a menu. (Like your
> start button).

> The problem is that I have to get this form aligned with the form which
> contains the OCX.

> I need the form aligned left of the containing form and directly above
the
> button.

> I have tried the following:

> MnuForm1.Show
> MnuForm1.Left = UserControl.Left
> MnuForm1.Height = (UserControl.Top - 360)

 Not sure about the second code snipet, but the above will result in an
error if your control.top is less than 360, you can't set an objects height
to negative values, try this...

        Load MnuForm
        MnuForm.Left = UserControl.Left
        MnuForm1.Top = (UserControl.Top - MnuForm.Height)
        MnuForm.Show

You don't want to show it then move it, it will look bad, load it,move it ,
then show it.

Mitch

Tue, 27 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

2. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

3. VB 5.0 CCE Help!!

4. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

5. PLEASE HELP, buy VB 5.0 Enterprise or Profesionnal

6. Help - VB 5.0 Enterprise IDE is screwed!

7. web page with V.B 5.0 Enterprise, HELP

8. help: vb 5.0 enterprise, ado, and sql server 6.5 readtext, writetext

9. VB 5.0 CCE

10. DLL loading Problem with VB 5.0 CCE

11. VB 5.0 CCE

12. VB 5.0 CCE