Help with datagrid??
Author Message
 Help with datagrid??

I have a little VB app with a datagrid (also tried DBGrid) on a form.  The
grid does not display at runtime; instead whatever is in the background
shows through.  I can see the column headers and lines between the cells,
but that's all.

When I say whatever is in the background shows through I mean if this is the
only app running, the wallpaper shows through.  If I happen to have another
document like a word document open behind my form, it shows through the
cells of my grid.

The OS is W2K Prof and we are using VB 6.0.

Any ideas on how to display this grid will be much appreciated.

Bill

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:27:40 GMT
 Help with datagrid??
Hi Bill,

It seems that the Grid did not have the chance to populate its cells with
the data it was bound to. Most often it is caused by failures during data
binding. If you believe you are using this control appropriately, contact
Microsoft PSS(http://support.microsoft.com) for assistance to get it
resolved in a timely manner.

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:17:39 GMT
 Help with datagrid??
Thank you for the reply

Yeah, the grid is populated OK.  It works fine on Win98 and W2K Server, it
just doesn't work on W2K Professional.

Tearing my hair out.... I'll try MS, but they have never come through in the
past....

Quote:
> Hi Bill,

> It seems that the Grid did not have the chance to populate its cells with
> the data it was bound to. Most often it is caused by failures during data
> binding. If you believe you are using this control appropriately, contact
> Microsoft PSS(http://support.microsoft.com) for assistance to get it
> resolved in a timely manner.

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 06:04:43 GMT

1. Need some help with DataGrids (DataGrid-->DataGrid, DataGrid-->Dataset, DataGrid-->XML)

2. help on datagrid

3. Help with DataGrid...

4. Help: Free DataGrids?

5. need help on datagrid web control bound column??

6. Need help with datagrid

7. Help with Datagrid

8. Please help with Datagrid

9. Please help with datagrid binding error.

10. Need quick help with DataGrid and SQL!

11. Help with DataGrid and DateEnviro

12. need help with Datagrid / ADO Data Control / Access Database / delete method