Transparent Form Background
Author Message
 Transparent Form Background

I'm creating an application with a graphical image as main window, but this
image is not rectangular but oval. Is it possible in some way that there's
no rectangular box around the picture but just a transparent form or
something like that?

Eggbird

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent Form Background

I'm creating an application with a graphical image as main window, but this
image is not rectangular but oval. Is it possible in some way that there's
no rectangular box around the picture but just a transparent form or
something like that?

Eggbird

ps. please reply by email (or both by email and news), because I don't check
de newgroups so very often.

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent Form Background

You can use these API's to change the shape of the window.   (Perhaps that
is all you need)

Private Declare Function CreateEllipticRgn Lib "gdi32" (ByVal X1 As Long,
ByVal Y1 As Long, ByVal X2 As Long, ByVal Y2 As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function SetWindowRgn Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long,
ByVal hRgn As Long, ByVal bRedraw As Long) As Long

Good Luck
David Phillips

Quote:

> I'm creating an application with a graphical image as main window, but
this
> image is not rectangular but oval. Is it possible in some way that
there's
> no rectangular box around the picture but just a transparent form or
> something like that?

> Eggbird

> ps. please reply by email (or both by email and news), because I don't
check
> de newgroups so very often.

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent Form Background

Quote:
>I'm creating an application with a graphical image as main window, but this
>image is not rectangular but oval. Is it possible in some way that there's
>no rectangular box around the picture but just a transparent form or
>something like that?

check out
http://www.spnc.demon.co.uk/vb/vbround.htm

greetz
Christophe VG

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Transparent Form Background VB5

2. Transparent form background?? (VB6)

3. Transparent Form Background

4. Transparent form background ??

5. VB.NET: Form slowly redraws background image behind transparent controls

6. Half-transparent shadow of a form on background?

7. Transparent background in forms

8. Making a Form Background Transparent

9. Transparent background in form...???!!!

10. Transparent Gif in Picturebox with tiled background on a form

11. Transparent Background in a PictureBox or a Form!

12. Transparent Background in a form