Entry Point in ActiveX Dll
Author Message
 Entry Point in ActiveX Dll

Hello,

I tried to create my own dll using VB, and I suppose I can use it like how I
called WinAPI functions from Kernel.dll etc right?  However, there was a
problem stating that some Entry point was needed in the dll that i created.
What is this entry point stuff and how do I implement this?  Thanx!

Regards,
Kantang

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Entry Point in ActiveX Dll
Hi Kantang,

Im not quite sure if you can use a DLL, created
with VB, in the same way as you do with Kernel.DLL.

I havent worked very much with VB-DLLs so far, but
AFAIK those DLLs are in fact ActiveX libraries. I always
include them in the Project-References of the program,
then access any stuff inside in the way I do it with
other ActiveX objects.

Best,
Tim

Quote:
> Hello,

> I tried to create my own dll using VB, and I suppose I can use it like how
> called WinAPI functions from Kernel.dll etc right?  However, there was a
> problem stating that some Entry point was needed in the dll that i
created.
> What is this entry point stuff and how do I implement this?  Thanx!

> Regards,
> Kantang

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Entry Point in ActiveX Dll
You don't use declares to access the objects and methods of a VB-created
DLL. Instead, add a reference to it.

--
eXtending the power of AutoCAD
http://www.acadx.com

Quote:
> Hello,

> I tried to create my own dll using VB, and I suppose I can use it like how
> called WinAPI functions from Kernel.dll etc right?  However, there was a
> problem stating that some Entry point was needed in the dll that i
created.
> What is this entry point stuff and how do I implement this?  Thanx!

> Regards,
> Kantang

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Entry Point in ActiveX Dll
You don't use Declares with your DLL.
If your dll contains a public class named "clsMyClass" and a public method called "Validate", you'd do something like....

Create a reference to the dll in the Project References dialog (place a check next to your dll)
Dim a variable as your class name (Dim obj as clsMyClass)
Create an instance of the class object (Set obj = New clsMyClass)
And call your method (Call obj.Validate)
when done, (Set obj = Nothing)

Quote:

> Hello,

> I tried to create my own dll using VB, and I suppose I can use it like how I
> called WinAPI functions from Kernel.dll etc right?  However, there was a
> problem stating that some Entry point was needed in the dll that i created.
> What is this entry point stuff and how do I implement this?  Thanx!

> Regards,
> Kantang

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Entry points to ActiveX DLL?

2. Entry points to ActiveX DLL?

3. Entry Point in ActiveX Dll

4. VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point

5. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

6. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

7. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

8. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

9. Can't find DLL entry point OpenEventLog in advapi32.dll

10. Can't find DLL entry point NetGetDCName in netapi32.dll

11. Can't find DLL entry point NetRemoteTOD in NETAPI32.DLL

12. dll entry point was not found