SQL Syntax for an Outer Join
Author Message
 SQL Syntax for an Outer Join

Does anyone know the syntax for an outer join?  The following is part of my
expression.  I want to place the outer join on the first table.  I thought
that it was an * on the left side of the equal sign, but VB does not like
it.  Does there need to be a space between the * and the equal sign?

GL00100.ACTINDX = GL00101.ACTINDX

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Syntax for an Outer Join
The *= and =* operators work in SQL Server (via RDO) but not in Access or
SQL Server via DAO. If you are using DAO to get at Access or SQL Server you
need to use the Left Join and Right Join syntax. Look them up in the help
file. DAO uses JetSQL and translates this into the TransactSQL required by
SQL Server.

Regards,
Simon Jones
PC Pro Magazine

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Syntax for an Outer Join
SELECT *
FROM A outer join B on A.X = B.X

Bryan

Quote:

>Does anyone know the syntax for an outer join?  The following is part of my
>expression.  I want to place the outer join on the first table.  I thought
>that it was an * on the left side of the equal sign, but VB does not like
>it.  Does there need to be a space between the * and the equal sign?

>GL00100.ACTINDX = GL00101.ACTINDX

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access OUTER JOIN syntax

2. Outer Join Syntax

3. sql poser: OUTER JOINS?

4. SQL Builder - Outer Joins.

5. SQL Builder - Outer Joins.

6. SQL error (outer join)

7. SQL statement on 2 or more tables (left outer joins)

8. Left Outer Join to SQL Server

9. AMBIGIOUS outer joins in my sql

10. Multiple Outer Joins using MS Jet SQL

11. SQL Builder - Outer Joins.

12. Illegal Outer Join Error - SQL Guru Needed