Checking for DCOM
Author Message
 Checking for DCOM

Can anyone tell me a surefire way of checking to see if DCOM has been
installed on a Windows 9x machine and which version (DCOM95 or DCOM98).

Presumably there is a CLSID entry in the registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
but as I have only NT machines to play with here I have no way of checking
this out. Is this the best way of checking for DCOM or alternatively are
there any files I should be looking for (DLL's etc).

Regards,

Karl Butcher
Monsoon Malabar Ltd

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Checking for DCOM
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{bdc67890-4fc0-11d0-a805-00aa006d2ea4}\InstalledVers
ion

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me a surefire way of checking to see if DCOM has been
> installed on a Windows 9x machine and which version (DCOM95 or DCOM98).

> Presumably there is a CLSID entry in the registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
> but as I have only NT machines to play with here I have no way of checking
> this out. Is this the best way of checking for DCOM or alternatively are
> there any files I should be looking for (DLL's etc).

> Regards,

> Karl Butcher
> Monsoon Malabar Ltd

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Checking for DCOM
Thanks.
Is this the same for both DCOM98 and DCOM95 ? Is there any way to
distinguish between the two ?

Quote:

>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{bdc67890-4fc0-11d0-a805-00aa006d2ea4}\InstalledVer
>ion

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Check for DCOM existance on Win95 machine?

2. DCOM, DCOM , DCOM!!!

3. DCOM remote computer availability check

4. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

5. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

6. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

7. VBA Check and Option Check Boxes

8. Enable/disable spell checking/Grammer checking

9. Placing a check in check mark boxes and have it add prices

10. difference btn checkstate.checked and checked = true?

11. checked listview, background color, and the stupid check boxes

12. Using a dataset to check items in checked listbox