data control vs. data object
Author Message
 data control vs. data object

Is there any advantage for using a data object (ADO) instead of a data
control (ADODC)?

I am kinda lazy.  I usually use a data control in place of a data object.
So, I don't have to type all the connection string and all that.  I then use
the Recordset object from the control to work with the data.  I hardly use
any bound control.  If I want to work with another table, I just change the
RecordSource property and Refresh the control.  Plus I have a control on the
screen to look at.  So, I know this form access data.

Is it a good practice to use the control instead of the object?  What's the
different?

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Control vs Remote Data Control (for Axx95 and VB4/32 Enterprise)

2. data class vs datacontrol vs data environemt

3. ado data control vs. data environment

4. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

5. Data Environment vs Data Bound Controls

6. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

7. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

8. Data control <-> Data objects

9. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

10. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

11. VB5 Visual Data Manager vs. VB4 Data Manager

12. C data type vs. VB Data type