creating an MDIchild Form whithin other Project
Author Message
 creating an MDIchild Form whithin other Project

Hello.
I have a MDI Project with child forms.
I also have a COM component (ActiveX dll) which is another project that have
forms.
I created an instance of the class of the dll in the main project.
this class have a public function that loads her form and show it.
I want to show the the last form in the MDI enviroment of the main project.
but when I use form1.Show , I see it as a separate form.

I tried to move the handle of the MDI form to the COM and to use the API
function SetParent(form.handle,parent.handle) but it's not a good solution
since it's not a pure child.

any idea ?

any help would be appreciate  .

thanks , Yaniv

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating an MDIchild Form whithin other Project
Yaniv:

This question has been asked hundreds of times before, meeting with various
degrees of success. I'd suggest you take a look at www.deja.com and search
for them there.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s)

Klaus H. Probst
http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
> Hello.
> I have a MDI Project with child forms.
> I also have a COM component (ActiveX dll) which is another project that
have
> forms.
> I created an instance of the class of the dll in the main project.
> this class have a public function that loads her form and show it.
> I want to show the the last form in the MDI enviroment of the main
project.
> but when I use form1.Show , I see it as a separate form.

> I tried to move the handle of the MDI form to the COM and to use the API
> function SetParent(form.handle,parent.handle) but it's not a good solution
> since it's not a pure child.

> any idea ?

> any help would be appreciate  .

> thanks , Yaniv

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating MDIChild forms at design Time

2. Creating (a lot of) MDIChild forms crashes VB

3. ActiveX DLL project creates project with a FORM ?

4. Setting a Form to be a MDIChild once Created

5. How to save others project under my name

6. Adding a form to project creates module(*.bas)

7. Adding a form to project creates module(*.bas)

8. Creating a new bitmap out of the differences of two others

9. Creating controls at run-time and others...

10. Creating MDIchild in DLL

11. Create MDIChild in ActiveS-DLL with this freeware Control

12. Creating MDIchild in DLL