Class_Terminate Not Firing
Author Message
 Class_Terminate Not Firing

Hello and Help!  All  : )

VB6
NT 4.0 SP3

I have a class module in an application I'm developing.  It's
DataBindingBehaivor property is set to vbSimpleBound.   I'm using the
class at the form level and creating it in the Form_Load method. In the
Form_Unload method, I issue the following code:
Set oEmployee = Nothing
In the Class_Terminate event of this class, I issue the following:
envMain.rscmmEmployee.Close.
It would appear that this code never fires because if I try to go back
into that form again, my code exceptions out on envMain.cmmEmployee with
the error: "The operation requested by the application is not allowed if
the object is open".   To test my theory, I've place a MsgBox
"Employee.Terminate" in my code, the only time this is firing is when
the application terminates.

Am I doing something wrong?  It's my understanding that the Terminate
event will file when the object goes out of scope or the last reference
to it is removed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joe Kocinski

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Class_terminate not fired for module level objects

2. Destroying ActiveX EXE Object Does Not Fire The Class_Terminate Event

3. Class_Terminate won't fire

4. click event not firing if lost_focus is firing first

5. No error reported and memory leak if error occurs in Class_Terminate

6. Is there an event fired inside a script component when it is destroyed, like VB's Class_Terminate?

7. Listbox - nav to rec by keystroke does not fire AfterUpdate

8. Terminate Event not Fired

9. HELP: Acc97: OnCurrent not firing

10. BeforeDelConfirm, AfterDelConfirm events not firing

11. Application_Remider --- Does not seem to fire?

12. Inspector_Close Event Not Firing