Data Report VB6 Designer Using Stored Procedures & Parameters
Author Message
 Data Report VB6 Designer Using Stored Procedures & Parameters

I am trying to use the Data Report Designer that is part of the VB6
Professional/Enterprise tool set...

I am using the Northwind sample database included with SQL Server 7.0 as my
back end...

I have no trouble with setting up the connection & command objects within
the data environment designer used in conjunction with the data report
designer...

the problem comes when I want to use one of the existing stored procedures
within the SQL Northwind Database on the Data Report,  there are only 7 and
I can not make any of them work with the Datareport...

Can anybody give/show me a functional example of how to perform this task?
(A sample project would be great; a picture is worth a thousand words...)

in some cases in trying to make any of the 7 existing SQL Stored Procedures
work with the data report it raises a error that it is looking for a input
parameter, which looks to be set in the connection properties dialog box on
the Parameters tab in the Value Text Box; but it seems to take a different
syntax than I expect, I was figuring that I would just enter the a desired
Value there, but it seems to be wanting more info. In addition, if I wanted
to use a Stored Procedure on the Data Report that required user supplied
parameters how would I accomplish this task with the Data Report?

thanks in advance,

Patrick

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:25:29 GMT

1. New Stored Procedure Parameter (SQL Server 7) isn't recognized in CR7 Report Designer

2. Crystal Report Designer Using Stored Procedure

3. Passing Stored Procedure parameters via VB6 into Crystal Report (ver 8)

4. Data Report Designer & Parameters

5. SQL Stored Procedures Using Parameters in CR8.5/VB6

6. Passing parameter from Crystal OCX to a report that uses a stored procedure

7. ADO populating DataGrid from Recordset(data retrieved from stored procedure using 3 parameters)

8. Passing parameters into stored procedure using Data Environment

9. sub report changes its source stored procedure to main report's stored procedure

10. Debugging Oracle Stored Procedures using Data View in VB6

11. ado recordsets from stored procedures, stored procedures have input parameters

12. report based on a stored procedure , crystal reports and vb6