Assigning sentence error with VB 5.0 with SP3
Author Message
 Assigning sentence error with VB 5.0 with SP3

Hello,

I am in trouble because a weird situation when I'm just assigning a date
variable to another date variable. Sometimes I am receiving a overflow
error message although both variables are initialized and contain
correct date values. So, I overtook doing the following:

        On Error Resume Next
            dInitialDate = dActualDate
        On Error GoTo 0
        dInitialDate = dActualDate

and this work properly, obviously this solution does not allow me to
know what is happening, and these errors are growing in my application.
I am using Option Explicit and everything is well defined. This project
uses COM dll's and the Calendar Widgets from Sheridan, and the problems
only have come from forms using this control. The affected code is
inserted both in control events and functions.

Thank in advance for your soonest reply.

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Assigning sentence error with VB 5.0 with SP3

I think you problem is concerned with the calendar widgets.  The date
property for the calendar widget, I think, uses a string instead of a date.
When retrieving you date you should use this code.

dInitialDate = CDate(dActualDate)

Good luck.

Erik

Quote:
>Hello,

>I am in trouble because a weird situation when I'm just assigning a date
>variable to another date variable. Sometimes I am receiving a overflow
>error message although both variables are initialized and contain
>correct date values. So, I overtook doing the following:

>        On Error Resume Next
>            dInitialDate = dActualDate
>        On Error GoTo 0
>        dInitialDate = dActualDate

>and this work properly, obviously this solution does not allow me to
>know what is happening, and these errors are growing in my application.
>I am using Option Explicit and everything is well defined. This project
>uses COM dll's and the Calendar Widgets from Sheridan, and the problems
>only have come from forms using this control. The affected code is
>inserted both in control events and functions.

>Thank in advance for your soonest reply.

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VTChart error with VB 5.0 (SP3)

2. VB5+SP3: app error when assigning value to Me.Mousepointer

3. HELP : Masked Edit Control 5.0 (SP3) Error !!

4. HELP : Error in Masked Edit Control 5.0 (SP3)

5. Crystal 7.0 & Vb 5.0 (SP3) Setup Wizard

6. VFP 5.0 & VB 5 Sp3

7. Windows 98 and VB 5.0 SP3

8. Getting printer status with VB 5.0 (SP3)

9. Assigning a Recordset to a Data Control in VB 5.0

10. Question regarding OLE linking error in VB 5.0 and Crystal Reports 5.0

11. VB 6.0 SP3 Error, HELP

12. Still error 429 VB 6.0 SP3