MDI and Form manipulation
Author Message
 MDI and Form manipulation

I have an MDI application with many forms, when a form is unloaded I can get
the possitions and form states, these can then be re-applied when the form
is next opened.

What I am failing to do so far, is record if a Child was open when the Main
MDI form was closed.  I've chosen to save a text file containing all the
open form names, I can then loop through this, loading the forms when the
application next starts.

If I call the SaveForms routine from the Unload event of the main form all
the Children are already closed.  The Deactivate and Terminate events do not
fire when the main form is unloaded.

I'm a little stuck with this one.  Any help greatfully received.

Cheers,
Tull.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI and Form manipulation

In the MDIchild forms' QueryUnload events, if they are being closed because the application is closing, make them write out their own state information.

Regards,
Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd
Independent IT Consultants

  I have an MDI application with many forms, when a form is unloaded I can get
  the possitions and form states, these can then be re-applied when the form
  is next opened.

  What I am failing to do so far, is record if a Child was open when the Main
  MDI form was closed.  I've chosen to save a text file containing all the
  open form names, I can then loop through this, loading the forms when the
  application next starts.

  If I call the SaveForms routine from the Unload event of the main form all
  the Children are already closed.  The Deactivate and Terminate events do not
  fire when the main form is unloaded.

  I'm a little stuck with this one.  Any help greatfully received.

  Cheers,
  Tull.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI and Form manipulation
Yeepy...

Use the QueryUnload event. When an MDIForm object closes, the QueryUnload
event occurs first for the MDI form and then in all MDI child forms. This
way you can call the SaveForms routine before the childs are closed.

[ ] Pidio

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI and Form manipulation

Is there an Example code that shows the SaveForms routine?

Thank you
God Bless,
Marco Napoli
http://www.ourlovingmother.org

Quote:
> Yeepy...

> Use the QueryUnload event. When an MDIForm object closes, the QueryUnload
> event occurs first for the MDI form and then in all MDI child forms. This
> way you can call the SaveForms routine before the childs are closed.

> [ ] Pidio

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MDI Parent form manipulation

2. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

3. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

4. Non-MDI form to MDI form

5. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

6. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

7. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

8. MDI child forms on top of a picture on a MDI form

9. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms

10. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

11. Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form

12. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form