MTS Issues
Author Message
 MTS Issues

In the past I was able to create, package, and reference MTS objects.

With my new componant I am having some trouble.  I compile my VB 5 created
DLL with remote data files and I am able to put the package on MTS by
creating an empty package and adding the componant..  I exported the package
from MTS and ran the client install on my PC...  Now I can reference my
ActiveX Server componant in VB, but I get "Automation Error" when trying to
access it from VB code...

BTW How does VB know which componant to use if you have them both residing
on your PC.?.. A local and a remote.. I guess the last one that was
regestered takes precedence and overwrites any other activeX componants with
the same GUID/CLASS ID...

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:24:38 GMT
 MTS Issues
I generally use locally (non MTS) registered components for testing, as soon
as I'm ready to put it under MTS I unregister it (regsvr32 comp.dll /u) and
put under MTS's control.

This seems to work fine (at the moment) but I am currently testing and
running the system on one machine.

snafu

P.S. Are you sure you needed to post this message to all those NGs.

Quote:
> In the past I was able to create, package, and reference MTS objects.

> With my new componant I am having some trouble.  I compile my VB 5 created
> DLL with remote data files and I am able to put the package on MTS by
> creating an empty package and adding the componant..  I exported the
package
> from MTS and ran the client install on my PC...  Now I can reference my
> ActiveX Server componant in VB, but I get "Automation Error" when trying
> access it from VB code...

> BTW How does VB know which componant to use if you have them both residing
> on your PC.?.. A local and a remote.. I guess the last one that was
> regestered takes precedence and overwrites any other activeX componants
with
> the same GUID/CLASS ID...

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:10:03 GMT
 MTS Issues

Quote:
> I generally use locally (non MTS) registered components for testing, as
soon
> as I'm ready to put it under MTS I unregister it (regsvr32 comp.dll /u)
and
> put under MTS's control.

Basically if an application uses a componant locally, the componant is
unregestered and then put on MTS.  If the client installs the client install
it should work with no changes to the application....

Quote:
> This seems to work fine (at the moment) but I am currently testing and
> running the system on one machine.

I just can't seem to access my componant remotely w/o getting "automation
error".  Locally everything works fine.

Quote:
> snafu

> P.S. Are you sure you needed to post this message to all those NGs.

Yes, basically I wanted responses from the COM/Enterprise development
people, MTS people, and people who just browse the general discussion forum.

Kip

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:55:33 GMT

1. MTS Issues

2. Private variables in BAS modules. MTS issues under heavy load?

3. MTS performance issue?

4. MTS timeout issue

5. Oracle and MTS application DB connection issue

6. locktype issue from MTS

7. Looking for MTS SDK and MTS Spy

8. newbie - COM with MTS Vs COM without MTS

9. MTS and Non MTS objects from same code

10. Office XP Mail Merge issue Insertdatabase issue and problems with copying a macro

11. Issue 6 and Issue 7 fanzine notes

12. BASIX Fanzine Issue 9 **NEW ISSUE** - basix09.txt (1/1)