Determining if running on Terminal Server
Author Message
 Determining if running on Terminal Server

Hello!

Is there a fool-proof way of determining if my VB app is running 1) on a
Windows Terminal Server console and 2) on a Windows Terminal Server client?
I can already determine via API calls if I am running on NT or not, but all
references to APIs that determine Terminal Server or not are APIs that are
only available on Win2000, not WinNT4 Terminal Server.

I have developed a way to check for certain registry settings that appear to
only show up when these two scenarios are present, but that is such an ugly
way of doing this.

Any insight or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

-- Kyle D. Ross

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Determining if running on Terminal Server

2. Determine Clientname on Terminal Server..

3. Determine Terminal Server Session ID's from the Client

4. Error 3343 only while using terminal server to run application

5. Can't run VB6 program on Window NT 4 terminal server

6. Problems with VB apps running under NT Terminal Server

7. Developing VB apps to run under Terminal Server

8. Having problem running ADO on Terminal Server

9. running VB Apps on Terminal Server

10. VB Apps running under NT terminal Server

11. Developing VB Apps to run under Windows Terminal Server

12. Winsock running on Terminal Server network