CR7: Unable to access first record - HELP!!!
Author Message
 CR7: Unable to access first record - HELP!!!

I had two CR7 reports in my VB6 application. They were working great, but
all of a sudden I get the error "Unable to access first record!" when I try
to preview in the CR Viewer component. I feed data to the reports using an
ADO recordset, and I have verified that the ADO recordset is working
correctly before I assign it to the report object. I can not find any
documentation on this error message.

Someone help, please! I'm running out of hair to pull out!

Thanks,

Jamie Schatte
Millennia Systems

www.millenniasystems.com

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CR7: Unable to access first record - HELP!!!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 CR7: Unable to access first record - HELP!!!
Deep within the Seagate web site I found an article that says the solution
to the "Unable to access first record!" message is to set the following
properties of the ADO recordset: .CursorType = adOpenDynamic ,
.CursorLocation = adUseClient. This immediately solved my problem.

It's unusual that I started getting this message well into the test cycle of
my application after coding was complete and the reports had been working
fine. Just lucky (or unlucky) I suppose.

Jamie.

Quote:

>I had two CR7 reports in my VB6 application. They were working great, but
>all of a sudden I get the error "Unable to access first record!" when I try
>to preview in the CR Viewer component. I feed data to the reports using an
>ADO recordset, and I have verified that the ADO recordset is working
>correctly before I assign it to the report object. I can not find any
>documentation on this error message.

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CR7: Unable to access first record - HELP!!!

2. "Unable To Access First Record"

3. Unable To Access First Record Error Message

4. Unable to access first record!

5. Crystal 7.0 / Unable to access first record error

6. Unable to access first record - huh?

7. Unable to access first record

8. Unable to access first record - huh?

9. Unable to delete all records from a access database with ado

10. Unable to delete all records from access database with ado

11. HOW CAN I SKIP PRINTING THE FIRST RECORD IN ACCESS

12. losing records when first reading an Access database