ADO Data Controls + Using SQL instead of recordset.update
Author Message
 ADO Data Controls + Using SQL instead of recordset.update

We are about to convert our DAO data controls to ADO data controls. Are we
better off using ADO with code or ADO with the data controls? We have about
40 forms to convert. Our backend is SQLServer. The system will have about
100 users. We have used data controls almost exclusively and rarely used
code. None of the forms is extremely complex but some have a lot of controls
on them.

I also heard that we should update via SQL statements as opposed to
data1.recordset.update. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks very much in advance.

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Data Controls + Using SQL instead of recordset.update
I personally prefer the control and performance of using direct SQL
statements to update and insert records in a database.  In your case where
you have lots of forms with lots of bound controls, you may opt for using
ADO controls and binding your existing controls to the new ADO data control
simply for ease of upgrading.

--
John Tabor

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~jftabor
___________

Quote:

>We are about to convert our DAO data controls to ADO data controls. Are we
>better off using ADO with code or ADO with the data controls? We have about
>40 forms to convert. Our backend is SQLServer. The system will have about
>100 users. We have used data controls almost exclusively and rarely used
>code. None of the forms is extremely complex but some have a lot of
controls
>on them.

>I also heard that we should update via SQL statements as opposed to
>data1.recordset.update. Any thoughts on this?

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO, SQL Server Updating Recordset using 2 Tables

2. Update Oracle data using Data control and SQL?

3. ADO Data Control not updating recordset

4. Using Recordset.Update is adding new record instead?

5. Bound controls not updating ADO with adodc.recordset.update command

6. Using The MS InterDev ADO RecordSet Data Control

7. Updating data to a memo field using SQL UPDATE

8. Recordsets instead of data controls

9. Controlling Updates in ADO using timestamp/update criteria

10. Using ADO Data Control on User Control as Data Source

11. Which is best using the ADO Control instead of coding it yourself

12. Create User Control as Data Source Using ADO Data Control