Databound controls
Author Message
 Databound controls

Hi, i've not develop applications in VB6 from a while, 1 year ago. When
i did it (for almost 4 years) had a lot of problems and limitations with
bounded controls so decided not to use them and do all manually.
Are there a good set of bound controls in the market? Should i use it or
better continue with my approach of manually do all?
thanks
--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

www.GrupoMillennium.com

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:40:55 GMT
 Databound controls
I am not sure about what problems you have encountered before, so I am not
sure if it is fixed in the latest SP5.

If you are looking for other 3rd party controls, I think that below
websites are good places to search in:
http://www.componentone.com
http://www.vbxtras.com/

You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:15:11 GMT
 Databound controls
IMHO you are better off trying to learn not to use them

Cheers

Gregory A Jackson MCSD, MCT
Sr. Software Engineer
800.com

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:25:09 GMT
 Databound controls
You recomend not to use the bound controls? (I have the same opinion
until know, but if you can, i'll be glad to read your reasons).
thanks

Quote:

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

www.GrupoMillennium.com

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 05:38:19 GMT
 Databound controls
They historically have been buggy.

My experience shows that you end up writing more code to get around their
default behavior then the amount of code you would write when using unbound
controls.

Using unbound controls is very easy. So I don't see too much argument FOR
The use of Bound Controls.

GAJ

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:36:33 GMT
 Databound controls
I would have to agree.  Generally the only reason to use bound controls is
when you don't know how to make everything work with code or you are just
trying to make something really quickly.  Besides, when using unbound
controls you have much more flexibility and control over how things work
and are displayed.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Re: Databound controls
| Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:36:33 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.enterprise
|
| They historically have been buggy.
|
| My experience shows that you end up writing more code to get around their
| default behavior then the amount of code you would write when using
unbound
| controls.
|
| Using unbound controls is very easy. So I don't see too much argument FOR
| The use of Bound Controls.
|

| GAJ

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:53:29 GMT

1. Databound controls (ISGData control) SQLServer problems

2. Commit change to databound controls

3. DataBound Controls

4. Databound controls NOT refreshing??

5. VB.Net DataBound Controls

6. Date Format in Databound control

7. Unicode Characters in a databound control

8. Databound controls

9. Databound controls not updating underlying value on SHAPE stmt

10. Questions re: using databound controls to edit data

11. HELP: Setting dates to null with databound controls

12. SQL Server with Databound Controls