Accessing to a ODBC MSAccess database by rdo at same time
Author Message
 Accessing to a ODBC MSAccess database by rdo at same time

Hi

I have a MSAccess Database Shared by ODBC driver and I'm accessing it
through RDO objects the case is as follows:

when some client access to the DB a field must be marked in order to avoid
to repeat specific process to calculate some value but if two clients send
the request (SQL & OpenResultset) at same time  the field can be read with
non marked value and the process is executed twice and the value is double
and wrong.

The question should be: How can I lock the record so it can't be read by two
clients at same time? or, How can I do a stronger validation?

I don't have much experience with this.

Thanks in advance

Enrique Cese?a

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Connection to an MSAccess Database

2. Connecting to MSAccess Database via ODBC

3. ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver

4. RDO accessing IBM Client Access 95 ODBC Source

5. ?Oracle Date/Time and RDO/ODBC

6. RDO and ODBC, time out error

7. RDO and ODBC, time out error

8. RDO connection to ORACLE database through ODBC string literal too long

9. lock table for concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

10. RDO/RDC to access an Access database

11. lock table for concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

12. concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database