Check if a web page or dir exists
Author Message
 Check if a web page or dir exists

I'd like to know how I can check if
a web page  exists or if a directory exists online

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Check if a web page or dir exists
Have you thought about using the Internet Transfer Control? It can do both
HTTP and FTP.. Simply point the URL to a page that you want to check, and
parse the results...

Quote:
> I'd like to know how I can check if
> a web page  exists or if a directory exists online

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Check if a web page or dir exists
Can you help me a little more?
I don't know how to use Inet so good
How do I get the result?

Quote:
> Have you thought about using the Internet Transfer Control? It can do both
> HTTP and FTP.. Simply point the URL to a page that you want to check, and
> parse the results...

> > I'd like to know how I can check if
> > a web page  exists or if a directory exists online

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Check if a web page or dir exists
I suppose you'll have to check ResponseInfo or ResponseCode. GetHeader may
also help...

Please narrow down further discussion to the appropriate group
(microsoft.public.vb.controls.internet seems fine).

TIA

--
Patrice Scribe
http://members.xoom.com/vba51

Quote:
> Can you help me a little more?
> I don't know how to use Inet so good
> How do I get the result?

> > Have you thought about using the Internet Transfer Control? It can do
both
> > HTTP and FTP.. Simply point the URL to a page that you want to check,
and
> > parse the results...

> > > I'd like to know how I can check if
> > > a web page  exists or if a directory exists online

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Check if a web page or dir exists

2. Check if a web page or dir exists

3. Check if a web page or dir exists

4. dir function to check if file name already exists

5. check if dir exists

6. Check if file exists (without using Dir())

7. Checking if a form exists on a page

8. Check if page exists.

9. view web page on existing form

10. pass a form from web page to web page

11. pass a form from web page to web page

12. NEW WEB PAGE, CHECK IT OUT (ALL FREE!)