Integrating to Windows Explorer and Windows 2000
Author Message
 Integrating to Windows Explorer and Windows 2000

I had a sample program done in VB5 that showed how to integrate to the
Windows Explorer that allowed me to right click on a specific file extension
and then pass the file(s) to a program of my own. The sample was
IContextMenu

This worked fine under NT4 and VB6.  I just recently migrated to Windows
2000 and now I find that the context menu doesn't come up anymore.

Does anybody know if something has changed in how programs integrate with
Explorer?

Thanks

Richard Speiss

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Integrating to Windows Explorer and Windows 2000
Richard,  I cannot give you the specific why's yet, but I can tell you that
yes it has changed!  A whole lot too!   Wish I could be of more help, but
we, like everyone else, are learning all the ins and outs of the new Windows
2000 API and such.

--
Sincerely,

Todd B - CEO - Agendum Software

Quote:
> I had a sample program done in VB5 that showed how to integrate to the
> Windows Explorer that allowed me to right click on a specific file
extension
> and then pass the file(s) to a program of my own. The sample was
> IContextMenu

> This worked fine under NT4 and VB6.  I just recently migrated to Windows
> 2000 and now I find that the context menu doesn't come up anymore.

> Does anybody know if something has changed in how programs integrate with
> Explorer?

> Thanks

> Richard Speiss

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Integrating to Windows Explorer and Windows 2000

Okay, at least I know it may not be me and to start doing some more research

Thanks

Quote:
> Richard,  I cannot give you the specific why's yet, but I can tell you
that
> yes it has changed!  A whole lot too!   Wish I could be of more help, but
> we, like everyone else, are learning all the ins and outs of the new
Windows
> 2000 API and such.

> --
> Sincerely,

> Todd B - CEO - Agendum Software

> > I had a sample program done in VB5 that showed how to integrate to the
> > Windows Explorer that allowed me to right click on a specific file
> extension
> > and then pass the file(s) to a program of my own. The sample was
> > IContextMenu

> > This worked fine under NT4 and VB6.  I just recently migrated to Windows
> > 2000 and now I find that the context menu doesn't come up anymore.

> > Does anybody know if something has changed in how programs integrate
with
> > Explorer?

> > Thanks

> > Richard Speiss

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. how kill the windows explorer in windows 2000.

2. Windows NT Integrated Security, SQL 2000 and CR7

3. Integrate VB app with Windows Explorer

4. Word 2000 from within VB: Windows 2000: error, Windows ME: ok

5. VBA problems Going from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

6. Windows 2000 and windows NT in one machine

7. Transparent Windows in Windows 2000

8. installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

9. writing vbscript to know the OS of a remote PC ( is WIndows NT or WIndows 2000)

10. Windows Script 5.5 Beta 1 setup for Windows 2000 available

11. rds windows nt vs windows 2000 server

12. Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT