HTTP & DCOM Question
Author Message
 HTTP & DCOM Question

 I have a small DCOM project for testing purpose. I installed the client
application using clireg32 at the client machine. It works fine over LAN,
when I gave the server computer name such as SVRNAME through clireg32.
However, in the case that the client and server computers are connected each
other through the Internet, I gave the server computer name as
http://servername, it does not work. The error message is "462 - The remote
server machine does not exist or is unavailable".

Thanks for any suggestions to solve this problem.

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HTTP & DCOM Question
You may find a topic on MSDN called "COM Internet Services" which gives
you more infomation on how to set up the client and the server and about
its limitation. Hope this can help.

TonyW

Quote:

>  I have a small DCOM project for testing purpose. I installed the client
> application using clireg32 at the client machine. It works fine over LAN,
> when I gave the server computer name such as SVRNAME through clireg32.
> However, in the case that the client and server computers are connected
each
> other through the Internet, I gave the server computer name as
> http://servername, it does not work. The error message is "462 - The
remote
> server machine does not exist or is unavailable".

> Thanks for any suggestions to solve this problem.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HTTP & DCOM Question

2. COM & DCOM Question

3. *&*&*&* Date math question *&*&*&*

4. DCOM vs. RDS with http

5. DCOM on COM+ on TCP/IP (http)

6. DCOM over HTTP

7. how to run Dcom over HTTP

8. Has anybody tried DCOM using HTTP Tunnelling via IIS

9. Help DCOM HTTP problem

10. Help DCOM HTTP problem

11. http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu

12. DCOM, DCOM , DCOM!!!